PDA

View Full Version : cool-head compression

86250rrider
01-23-2005, 10:53 PM
im a woods rider in pa. and want as much bottom-mid as possible with losing the top totally.will a cool-head with a say 19cc dome help the grunt on bottom and mid?i understand ill be looking at running panther piss ,but thats ok. is raising compression the answer here ? bike is pretty strong now but as we all know ,we want MORE POWER ! im thinking around 200-210 psi is what i need. is this added compression much harder on the bottom end ?(i would think so but not sure) THANKS AHEAD:D

pharit
01-24-2005, 05:03 AM
i got a coolhead i don;t know what size dome but it has a good bottom to mid, shoots right outta the hole when i;m drag racing and its got plenty of power.

BTW Panther Piss HA HA HA thats one of the funniest things i;ve heard all morning

wilkin250r
01-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't think the higher compression is exactly what you're looking for. Yes, it will help some, but your powerband is largely determined by your pipe. If you want more bottom-mid grunt, I'd suggest porting and/or a pipe change over a head change.

Most places that do porting will also do head mods for relatively cheap, as package deal. You don't get interchangable domes, but you get higher compression AND porting, for just a few bucks more than a cool-head will cost you.

RayWilt
01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
you can get different domes with a different squish band in it to give you more top end or more bottom end. I know i put a 19cc dome in mine and it really helped. but he is right a pipe and the porting will make the most difference.

machwon
01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
19cc should work well with a stock gasket. I personally prefer a thin head gasket and 20 or 21cc domes depending on bore size and this version would work better decreasing the squish height. Porting, pipe and head all make a big difference too.