PDA

View Full Version : Installing A New Carb Jet

Moto92
09-06-2001, 10:49 AM
Ive decided Im going to put in a bigger jet with my new pro circuit pipe. My problem is I dont know how, from what Ive heard its fairly easy. Is there any web site that has a step by step process on how to do this, or could someone give a good explaination.

09-06-2001, 11:15 AM
Go to this link.....http://www.exriders.com/jetting/jetting.shtml

09-06-2001, 08:02 PM
I have the PC T-4 and put a 165 main jet in. I cut a 4"x8" hole in my air box lid, because I was told by some smart racers that I needed to increase air intake in order to run bigger or richer jets. To change the main you do not have to take carb off or apart. There is a 17mm, I think thats the size, cap on the bottom, middle of the carb. Remove this and look into hole and you will see the main jet. Remove main, I believe it's 6mm, and insert new main into socket and finger screw in being careful not to strip the threads. Tighten snug but not too tight. Put cap back on and try it. You have to decide how your going to modify the airbox first and then ask for what size main you need.
I've got my carb apart now to put a 42 pilot jet in tomorrow. The bike ran strong with just the bigger main, but a tad lean on the idle circuit.
That's why I'm going with the bigger pilot.
Let us know what you plan.
John