PDA

View Full Version : No energy

Bush0102
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
I usually get plenty of sleep each night, I either run or play basketball 5 or 6 nights a week and I lift weights 3 times a week, I eat right, etc... but i always feel tired. What else can I do to get energy naturally?

01-23-2005, 08:59 PM
do u have at least 8-9 hours of sleep each night...sometimes I can make it fine through a day if I only have 5-6 or so hours of sleep buyt if I keep doing that every night it gets worse.

bama400ex
01-23-2005, 09:00 PM
surley you have seen them snickers commercial.

Bush0102
01-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I try to get at least 6 or 7 at night, but with my class schedule i can usually take a 2 hour nap every day. :D But the thing is i never wake up refreshed, and i only seem more tired if I get a lot (like 10 + hours) of sleep...

Quad18star
01-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I feel great everyday , I usually get about 10 hours of sleep a night . I can send you some great uppers if you want . LOL Joke

Thump_It
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
......ever had Mononucleosus (sp). My senior year of high school, I was always tired no matter the sleep or exercise that I would do. Went to the Doctor, got a blood test, I had Mono.

Syrus
01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Eat proper foods, you maybe be eating a lot 3 times a day, or more but it may not be proper foods. Balance your food groups.

bansheeguy77
01-23-2005, 10:11 PM
eat 6 small meals a day. and cut junk food and soda. i usually feel better when i eat healthy. but ive noticed the same thing recently, a lack of energy. i get around 10 hrs a day and get up and i just dont want to do anything. but yet the less sleep i get the more energy i seem to have. around 5-7 hrs im more alive during the day but crash at night. i might try some of that stuff that gives ya energy. prob have a heart attack tho

Bush0102
01-23-2005, 10:36 PM
I dont drink anything but water, milk, and sometimes juice or gatorade- and my meals are balanced. My schedule and mealplan doesnt allow 6 meals a day (I've heard of the concept and how it balances you blood sugars though), but I eat 3 meals a day- most of the time its chicken and then a green and a yellow vegetable...trust me my nutrition is fine.

And I had mono last fall, I'm over it. It just pisses me off I can't ever feel well rested.:(

Mxjunkie
01-23-2005, 11:00 PM
i feel great and im allways hyper, i wake up at 6-7am go to bed at 2-3am. I drink tons of coke and sodas, sometimes juices but manily items with caffine, eat meat and a few veggies once and while. tons of chocolate and junk food..

as well, belive it or not during the winter humans go into somewhat of a hibernation as well. we sleep more and are more tired then during the summer, same goes for depression cause your inside more and you dont see the sun. so its heathy to get outside and move around.

02 Red Rider
01-23-2005, 11:51 PM
See your Dr. Not to overexaggerate, but if you are getting proper sleep and are active an eating right there could be something really wrong. Fatigue like you describe can be a sign of Diabetes, or even a problem with your Blood Pressure. Be smart about your health beyond what you're already doing by not trying to fix problems on your own.

JTRtrx250r
01-24-2005, 08:22 AM
maybe chill on the rubbin' em out sessions, try cuttin' back to 1 or 2 a day ;)

Bush0102
01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 02 Red Rider
See your Dr. Not to overexaggerate, but if you are getting proper sleep and are active an eating right there could be something really wrong. Fatigue like you describe can be a sign of Diabetes, or even a problem with your Blood Pressure. Be smart about your health beyond what you're already doing by not trying to fix problems on your own.

yikes man!

my blood pressure is actually kinda low, but i struggled with my weight until i was about 17 and i am still actually losing some...I've lost 50-60 pounds in the last year or so, and i figured since i lost all of the weight and started eating right my risk for diabetes was gone. I guess I'll go make an appointment tomorrow- thanks so much for the info!

lil400exman
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
same here too. Ever since my leg accident my health has been down the drain. I sleep all the time, never feel like i have energy and cant conceentrate. I can go for maybe 45 minutes then i just fall asleep (this is my 3rd keyboard cause i fell asleep on the other two and drooled all over the others) and i eat for the most part very healthy. I probably have a pop once a week two at max. I dont eat alot of heavily prosseced foods..............i swear i hate it :(

02 Red Rider
01-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
yikes man!

my blood pressure is actually kinda low, but i struggled with my weight until i was about 17 and i am still actually losing some...I've lost 50-60 pounds in the last year or so, and i figured since i lost all of the weight and started eating right my risk for diabetes was gone. I guess I'll go make an appointment tomorrow- thanks so much for the info!

Like I said i'm not trying to scare you or nothin'. I mean it could be nothing serious, but I have family and friends who are diabetic and it's just something you don't want to leave go. I just hate to see people that are on the right track to taking care of themselves, and end up screwin themselves by trying to take shortcuts.

Just look at what Ephedra did for some young men that wanted a little edge before getting out on the practice field. Next thing they knew they were laying on their backs with there hearts exploding.

If you have health insurance, what's a co-pay outta of your pocket compared to your health.

BTW... Congrats on the weight loss and getting healthy, that's great!!

2002400ex
01-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Some of that sounds like a tapeworm:eek: lol

416exrider
01-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
I usually get plenty of sleep each night, I either run or play basketball 5 or 6 nights a week and I lift weights 3 times a week, I eat right, etc... but i always feel tired. What else can I do to get energy naturally?

no mo wackin off DUH, wackin only help wit RM pumps

stupid driver
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
It does kind of sound like some type of parasite. My cousin actually came into contact with tapeworm while fishing in the ozarks a few years back. He lost over 30 lbs and became dizzy quite easily. They finally made him an appointment to see what was wrong, and he had tapeworm in his intestines.

Also, you might try cutting that nap down from 2 hours a day to shorter 20-30 minute "power naps." by napping for long periods during the day, your body thinks that you are in your normal 8 hour sleep, so it slows the metabolism down.