PDA

View Full Version : The Village

Moto92
01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Anyone else watch the movie yet? I rented it last night. I thought it was ok. It started pretty cool. Then it kind of kills the suspense when you see the thing from the woods, its better when you dont have a clue what its going to look like. Then finding out what the "ones we dont speak of" really is kind of made me and the girlfriend say huh. And the ending just kind of makes you say what the $@#!???

I-7
01-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I liked the idea and setting they had for it, but IMO the way it was wrote and played out was pretty horrible

Punk'd
01-23-2005, 05:01 PM
It was ok but I thought how they were fake was kinda stupid..

YFZ450Ridr
01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
thats the only time i have seen a blind person be superman. i meen in not degrading blind people but they jsut cant do that much. the beginning was good but twards the middle and end was horrible i thought.

markk
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
I watched the movie and i didnt think it was that good at all, But anyway i own the movie BIO-DOME thats better!

Foxrage
01-23-2005, 06:33 PM
The previews they had for it when it came out in theaters looked scary as hell. But I rented it and didnt even like the beginning. But it could have been worse like that new movie NAPOLEON DYNAMITE that movie was rediculus.

01-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Foxrage
But it could have been worse like that new movie NAPOLEON DYNAMITE that movie was rediculus.

are u crazy that movie kicked major ***:devil:

redlined94
01-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Ya that was Shamaylans or however you spell it worse movie. The plot was just horrible I mean like what that guy said, they hyped it up in the previews to be a thriller and all scary and it turned out to be a big let down. I havent talked to anyone that has liked it and he better come out with somethin amazing for his next film other wise he will be kicked to the curb.

bowhunter74
01-23-2005, 11:38 PM
You guys are nuts, did you understand the ending at all? Nobody saw that one coming at all. The tombstone in the first part said it was 1800's something. Best movie I have seen in a longtime.

Jay99400ex
01-23-2005, 11:47 PM
still haven't seen it yet :(

redlined94
01-23-2005, 11:55 PM
ya it was amazing how he had people thinking that and it all changed but when i went into the theatre expecting to be jumping out of my seat and screaming my head off(theoretically) and then it turned out to be like that it was very disappointing. The movie had its highs but i just didnt like it overall.