PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Tires?

mcatvme
01-23-2005, 04:13 PM
What would be a good set of tires to run for the GNCC series on a wolverine? Thanks

chad400ex
01-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Maxxis All Tracs or ITP Mud Lites... The All tracks are a great mixed-terrain tire. I'm pretty sure that Mike Penland use to run them. Might want to take a look at what he's running now.

Ken Robey
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I raced a tricked out wolverine in the 2002-2003 gncc season and ran Maxxis all-traks. They are a great tire. I only had one flat in 2 years. Even though the are a 2-ply tire, don't be scared. Maxxis is the best utility brand out there The Big Horn is another choice for you, they are heavy though. Don't put them on a stock quad, you better have a stroker kit to turn them. They are what I ran on my Prairie last year and am running on my Suzuki this year. Good Luck!!!!!!

CannondaleRider
01-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Mudlites are what I have on my Wolverine, there SLIGHTLY to tall, so it doesn't pull quiet as hard, but great traction in a lot of conditions

Ken Robey
01-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Mudlites are ok for the mud but not the best for racing. They do well in muddy soft conditions, but just remember they are a directional tire. They go good forward, ok backward, but if you put them on a hillside and try to walk acrossed it, they are going to put you to the bottom. All traks will grip and walk straight acrossed with no problem. If a good mud tire is what you are looking for, check out the super swamper. I used to run them before my race days. They do a pretty good job. just don't go to the swamper vampires, they are too heavy for a stock wolverine.