PDA

View Full Version : XC Hydration ?

SilverFox
01-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Just wondering if there are any alternatives to wearing the camel-bak system on your back? I have mine straped to my chest protector, and when its full it makes the chest protector pull up onto my throat.I have seen some riders with it strapped to a bracket on the front cowl and the hose running to the helmet.Is this a home made bracket or does someone market these?I realize the best alternative is to be in good enough shape not to need hydration during a 2 hour race, but that aint happening here!Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

cheetah
01-23-2005, 04:32 PM
I've never had a problem with mine doing that. Maybe it's your chest protector.

5valves
01-23-2005, 05:15 PM
I use a tie wrap around the bottom of my chest protector, then fasten it threw the snap on my pants.
I just leave the tie wrap real loose, and leave ot on the chest protector.

bs784
01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
I like to run mine under my chest protecter. It doesn't pull the chest protecter around your neck and helps to keep the bottom of the chest protecter from catching on your kidney belt.

SilverFox
01-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the ideas.I,m going to try to run it under my chest protector.

Hammer trx450r
01-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by SilverFox
Thanks for the ideas.I,m going to try to run it under my chest protector.

your chest protector is probably too big, try adjusting the straps at the bottom of the chest protector itself

popo
01-24-2005, 06:27 AM
I won't wear or give Camel Bak one red cent. They have donated over 5 million dollars to help fight turning motorized parks/trails into hiking or biking trails only.

With you buying Camel Bak, your supporting there cause to take away your riding areas.

Flynbryan19
01-24-2005, 06:45 AM
I run mine under my chest protector as well........ Thats pretty lame about what they're doing..... :(

CannondaleRider
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, i bought mine, then found out about that bull***** like a week later

bradley300
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
SRC makes thier own camel back (same peeps that designed tireballs) it holds something crazy like 90 oz.

5valves
01-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by popo
I won't wear or give Camel Bak one red cent. They have donated over 5 million dollars to help fight turning motorized parks/trails into hiking or biking trails only.

With you buying Camel Bak, your supporting there cause to take away your riding areas.
I havent had a camel bak for years after reading that.
I used the tearm as a generic item.
I use ty davis preasurised system, thats why I use it on tthe outside of my chest protector.
Its an alluminum preasurized system, just a bite an it squirts.
The Enduro system I use is one I purchaced while skiing.

Meek
01-28-2005, 03:37 AM
MSR makes a nice system also

Flynbryan19
01-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by 5valves
I havent had a camel bak for years after reading that.
I used the tearm as a generic item.
I use ty davis preasurised system, thats why I use it on tthe outside of my chest protector.
Its an alluminum preasurized system, just a bite an it squirts.
The Enduro system I use is one I purchaced while skiing.

I used to use the pressurized system as well..... I didn't like it because it pulled on my chest protector. :) But from what I understand you can run an army style belt, and the system already has that style of belt hook to hold it on.