PDA

View Full Version : How wide is too wide.

EX-SOTO
01-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I dont have a trailer yet for my quad so I was wondering how hard it is to get your quad in the back of you truck with extended a-arms and axle? I have an Ext Cab silverado. I have the regular common ramp that most people use. Anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks.

Chef
01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
It's not a problem. We fit a EX with +3's and 3+2 wheels in the back of an S-10 Extreme...you could definitely get it in a fullsize

416exmx
01-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I can get a quad with +3 LT a-arms and 3-2 wheels in the back of a full sized chevy with a bedliner. With ZPS suspension you will have to pick it up to get it between the wheel wells. Your ramps now, +2 a-arms and 3-2 wheels will be a very close, it will work, but be carefull.

Tommy 17
01-23-2005, 01:26 PM
my 400ex with +1 a-arms and +3.5 axle in the back fit no problem in my silveardo ext cab reg bed...

EX-SOTO
01-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the great info guys. So would I be better of pushing my quad up the ramp rather than driving. Seems kinda scary.

Scro
01-24-2005, 07:38 AM
any woman above a size......oh wait...nevermind

sharkinthepool
01-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by EX-SOTO
I dont have a trailer yet for my quad so I was wondering how hard it is to get your quad in the back of you truck with extended a-arms and axle? I have an Ext Cab silverado. I have the regular common ramp that most people use. Anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks.

Cake in your Silverado!
I run +3 with standard wheel offsets and still have room in an F-150. Now in my Ranger it is a pain in the arse.

dirtmomma
01-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
I can get a quad with +3 LT a-arms and 3-2 wheels in the back of a full sized chevy with a bedliner. With ZPS suspension you will have to pick it up to get it between the wheel wells. Your ramps now, +2 a-arms and 3-2 wheels will be a very close, it will work, but be carefull.

LOL thats funny you mention the ramp width we NEVER thought of that when we did my 300 for flattrack & it's a HAIRY ride up it to say the least w/ +3's & offset wheels :eek2: I WON'T put it on there anymore cuz the tires have about a 1/2 inch on the ramp :eek2: :eek2: very scary!!!!

So yeah if you can buy a wider ramp, or just pick it up in there ;):) just stand it on it's grab bar & roll it to the tailgate & drop it in :D

markk
01-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I wouldnt worrie about the ramp really, I mean u can always use single ramps, Or just pick the 4-wheeler up and put it in there, Thats usally what i do!