PDA

View Full Version : 26 miles and 3 towns in a day

iceman2488x
04-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Hi i am ben and i ride a 99 400ex ...well yesterday "saturday about 12 noon " was sitting in the yard at my friends house "on a farm" and we heard someone riding in the field behind his house and rode back there and thier was a guy on a 02' blaster and a guy on a camo lakota ,they said they had rode from moser rd."a town away" and it is pretty far....well we started talkin and i was gonna show em some trails that go for like 5 miles and took em there "it leads to where i live {another farm}"and we got to my quarter mile track we made about a month ago and rode it about 5 laps and stopped and then we heard 2 other bikes riding on the other side of the road in a trail we have so....i went down there and saw 2 guys on bikes "a 02'wr426 yamaha and a 02' kx100 kawasaki" well we got to talkin and all 6 of us headed out to go ride...my friend left to go home "riding a 88 trx 300" ..soo then we headed through the junkyard and the guy on the blaster said that he knew of a trail that takes us to another town which is like 15 miles away and he took us ..i thought it would be about a half a mile down the road to the trail but he took us almost 8 miles down the paved road and i stayed beside him almost but the guy on the wr426 had us all ,that thing was fast as ****....soo then when we went down the trail we rode like 7 miles in trails "the wr had a speedometer with tac." and then we got to another road and the dirtbikes left down the road which was like 12 miles to one of em's g/f's house "my ex's sister" then me and the quad guys headed back and i was going about 35 or 40 down a trail and thier was a tree that they cut that the end of it where they cut was sticking out,"it was about a foot around" and it was hidden in weeds ....i hit it with my left wheel..the bars jerked and my hands flew off,then it was up on my rear wheels...next thing i know i am on the ground sliding as it is flying into a ditch...i thought i had my leg broke or my hip and i was yelling and they turned around and helped me pull it out and i limped to my 400 and headed home..they left down another trail and i hit the road..i may never see those cool *** guys again...well i know it was kinda boring of a story but oh well....p.s i went to see what the dirtbiker's were up to and we ended up riding the rest of the day,the speedometer on the wr said 27 miles!!!!!!!!!!!

mysticfalcon
04-28-2002, 08:05 PM
My personal best was 150miles but we rode for 6 hours in the winter in quebec where the trails are all groomed nice and only stopped once fro a half hour to eat and gas up. Yesterday I rode 60 miles in 6 hours but thats because the trails were really muddy and the first half of the day i was takin it wasy on teh new 416. if the weather is nice next weekend i'll probly get in at least 100 miles a day on fri and sat.

iceman2488x
04-28-2002, 08:09 PM
yea but it was pretty good to do over 30 " i did cuz they rode less than me" on a day when we just planned on ridin around the field or somin lol...we have rode much more than that before .......we had no clue how saweet it was gonna be:devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil

iceman2488x
04-28-2002, 08:12 PM
oh and i didnt mention that my hip and my right half of my *** is purple and my knee and shin is beat to **** from the wreck...i woulda rode more but i was hurt and had to go...they went like 30 more miles lol

luvmyex
05-08-2002, 01:25 PM
hey icemann,where do you live at?we ride between 30 and 60 miles every sat. and sun.I think i saw you lived in germantown?Is this right?If so we should hook up and ride.I can get to walnut cove from Stokesdale.But i cant find my way to Germanton.But i do know theres a way to get there.I can also just about make it to danburry and lawsonville(need about 6 miles to connect to Walnut Cove)Theres some great riding up there.PM me or email me to ride sometime.Should be riding this Sat. My freind should have his Suzuki Z400 by then.and i know he want to ride.Plus a couple of other 400ex's.