PDA

View Full Version : anyone have one of these fuel screws?

wiesman
01-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have a Zip-Ty fuel screw or Woodward Specialties fuel screw on there stock TRX450R carb? How did the machine perform after you installed it? Was there any problems? I am interested in these but want to make sure before I buy.

K_Fulk
01-23-2005, 01:42 PM
It doesnt make a diffrence in the way it runs just makes it easier to tune. With out it you have to remove the carb to adjust the fuel/air screw.

wiesman
01-23-2005, 02:33 PM
i know that, i just remember someone saying that theirs didn't run right on the bottom end with it installed. just wondering if anyone else has had experience with them in the stock carb.

wiesman
01-24-2005, 08:12 AM
anyone else?

DirtDevilBT
01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
It doesnt make a diffrence in the way it runs just makes it easier to tune. With out it you have to remove the carb to adjust the fuel/air screw.

:confused: take the carb out? Why?

WhiteZee
01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
i also heard someone was having problems with theirs, but i dont see why it would be any different. i have one, and yes i was having problems stalling, but i installed an auto clutch so the screw may be fine, i wont know untill i get my quad back together.

wiesman
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
did you have problems stalling because you put the screw in, or did you have the problem before you put it in?

WhiteZee
01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
i installed that auto clutch and screw at the same time, i know its a problem with the screw, but i may not have it adjusted right, i wont know untill i get it back together in a couple weeks.