PDA

View Full Version : ????????

660rider0_3
01-23-2005, 11:41 AM
how reliable are cannondales??????list the problems you have ever had......

bombsquad54
01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
normal failures, just like ever other quad out there,
problems:
1. crank failure
2. valves dropping
3. bolts backing out in motor
4. piston failure
5. decompression mech. failure

fixes:
1. suzuki z400 bearing and get crank balanced (if not already)
2. keep them in adjustment!
3. stage 8 kit locking fastners
4. not common but get a 450 kit from haydoug :)
5. get billit decomp. assymbly

all the fixes for the cannondale dont require half the money as other quads and are not common if you take care of your quad and give them attention. these quads are extremely fast and have from 39-48 hp. depending on your setup. i love mine, it has all the updates and hasnt had a problem yet.

reguardless or what you guys think cannondales are VERY easy to work on and are just as reliable as any if you take good care of them, i will bet titles that the dale with 450 kit will wax any other 450 quad out there built vs. built

the front end geometry on a cannondale is the best geometry out there with little or no bump steer they are very easy to ride,

things that are incredibly strong:
1. frame- they are nearly impossible to break
2. drive terrain- transmissions are very up to par
3. suspension- stock cannondale suspension on all models is very tuff
4. gas tank- it holds 3.2 gallons of gas, and has quick connect gas lines
5. fuel and delivery- the fuel injection works flawlessly and the air filter with stock plastic stays VERY clean and dry
6. the axles- my moto axle is the only axle i have yet to be able to bend.
7. steering stem- this thing is a haus on all models, it looks like a aftermarket
8. brakes- they are the best brakes and the moto comes stock with wave rotors. glafer brakes are on all cannondale motos and blazes and possibly cannibals
9. comfort- the seats on cannondales are so confortable you cant even imagine

accomplishments:
1. Jeff Stoes gncc pro rider (atk) won a overall on one last year
2. Team nacs won several championships on these quads
3. has alot of score and baja races
4. LOL i have won several races o my cannondale

660rider0_3
01-23-2005, 05:11 PM
thanks you've gave me the best description i'v got .......you have the same screen name on cannondaleriders right?????my screen name on their is moto_crazy_440.......did you see the moto with the walsh/axis front end ????i was going to buy it but he decited to keep it....still looking to get one thoughso if you know anyone let me know....

iceracer17
01-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Don't forget.
Stock ball joints and tie rod ends wear quick
Stock muffler usually internally destructs
Valve covers are usually close to failure due to them using the wrong material.Magnesium does not mix well with most coolants.Evans is the only one i know of that will work.
Keep a big bottle of loctite around

Other than these and the previous list they are a fast,good machine as long as you keep up on the maintenance.

bradley300
01-23-2005, 06:59 PM
the a-arms and steering stem ARE aftermarket parts. designed by arens brothers, they are made out of chromoly like every set of aftermarkey a-arms and steering stems

cdalejef
01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
I haven't had any problems with any of the ones that I've owned.

bombsquad54
01-23-2005, 07:38 PM
i run the fmf factory 4 exhaust no problems
its better to loctight the cannondale bolts, than weld on the yamahas and hondas and suzukis
my bud has a stock exhaust that has 2-300 hrs. no problems
yes, i agree switch the coolents AS SOON AS YOU BUY IT. i run engine ice! and one more

Alloy water pump impeler the stock plastic one sucks big time, lol

ccole
01-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey bombsquad54 you sure know alot about these dales. How many have you had? How many hours you have on one? I see you have a moto that you only had a few hours on before it had problems. Did you have one before that? If so what was it and did you have problems with it to. I have had a few of these and had some hours them and i can't recall having anything more than a few bolts come loose and not in the motor. Just wondering how many of these out there really have all these problem you mentioned?

bombsquad54
01-24-2005, 05:00 AM
i have owned one moto and my best friend owned a cannibal, he had no problems but mine broke the decompression mech. otherwise no problems. i just had my motor built to race. i study cannondales day in and day out at cannondaleriders and cannondaler, happyboy on cannondaleriders has taught me alot. i do a lot of studying i have had my moto for a little under a year now. its faster than any of my other bikes, like a PRP LT PEP 13.5.1 yfz450, my full lsr. LT 330r 250r, or my ct raceing 440ex

iceracer17
01-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Not everyone has a moto with the fmf exhaust.I'm talking stock early round or square bread box.
He asked a question and i mentioned a few more that i've seen in all the threads.
By the way someone has posted about running engine ice from day one and the valve cover was eaten up.But i don't think it said how long it was sitting at the dealer with the green stuff.
So bomb if you decide to keep yours i would think about switching a/f.
Just cause i have a honda now don't make me a bad person.;)
Who knows maybe next week i'll get my 7th dale.;)

Have a good one

bombsquad54
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
i run ENGINE ICE iceracer, the stock coolent in mine sat for 2 years in the crate. you need to drop that honda off at the local marina, they make excelent boat anchors, just kidding, i like 450r's also. cannondales are excelent quads if taken care of and updated. you guys will see mine at the pro quads on feb. 12th

catch22blaster
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
if u think about it almost every quad out their aleast breaks once