PDA

View Full Version : PEP shocks

Fast350ex
01-23-2005, 11:40 AM
I bought a used 400ex (440) with PEP shocks. They leak alot of oil, I don't know when they were last rebuilt. Is it ok to ride like this or should I rebuild them now, I don't really have the money to do it now

JDiablo
01-23-2005, 11:47 AM
You shouldnt ride like that,lol sent them off to get rebuilt once you get some money,better safe then sorry bro

QuAdEr 317
01-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
You shouldnt ride like that,lol sent them off to get rebuilt once you get some money,better safe then sorry bro

TC426EX
01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
They definitely need new seals which are cheap... Also if they are older PEP shocks, they probably have the old shafts in them which they dont use anymore. If you send them to Baldwin Motorsports and get a standard service job done to them (around 95 or 100 bones for fronts), youll get new seals on them which will solve your problem. In addition you will get new oil and nitrogen which they probably need. Anyway, the older shafts had a tendency to get grooved out or pitted, so what they have been doing is every time someone with those gets their shocks serviced, they swap out the old shafts and give you the new ones for free... If you ride the shocks like that you take the chance of ruining an expensive set of shocks. Is it worth it to you not to spend 100 bucks and have that happen???

Heres the site, I would call them and get 'em worked on...

www.baldwinmotorsports.com

(440) 224 2734