PDA

View Full Version : will a crf 450 carb fit on trx 450r

trynflyn450r
01-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I was told that if you get a crf 450 carb and put it on your trx450r it will run a lot better i was just worndering if every thing would plug in and if it would help. Reason be i just want more power i put cam in mine and jetted it and put a pipe no air box lid and k&n on it and still not enough what else is left to do to get more power.

quadsquadron221
01-23-2005, 12:44 PM
you can put the crf fcr carb on the trx. But to hook up the electronics on the carb with the stock wiring you have to find sombody who has wiring diagrams and knows what they are doing. You have to switch up a lot if pins to get it to work right. If you put the bike ignition and wiring harness on it it will hook right up. But you are also looking at a lot more money to switch up ignitions. As far as the carb fitting its not to hard. You either have to run an adapter between the air box boot and the carb or have sombody like baldwin set up a carb. It fits in very nice and fits right into the boot that goes to the head.

trynflyn450r
01-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Will it give you more power or is it a waste of time

rippen_honda400
01-23-2005, 04:54 PM
im guessing it should fit. but instead of buying a new carb, try giong with a higher compression piston. im not sure what the stock piston is on the 450r.

quadsquadron221
01-23-2005, 06:51 PM
I dont have my motor back together yet so i really dont know. I took a new motor had the head worked over put in a high compression piston ,put in a cam, put in the bike ignition and put on the fcr carb. Im sure the motor is going to fly but since i did everything at once im not sure what is going to produce the best power gains. If you are going to put one on i would definatly have somebody hook up the electronics. I would say that a cam is going to help the most then the ignition then the carb and then a piston.

yz426ex36
01-24-2005, 07:02 AM
a friend of mine just did this carb swap but all he did was call mark baldwin and he has the carb that is converted so it plugs right in

quadsquadron221
01-24-2005, 09:21 AM
ahhh i didnt know he switched the wiring too. That would be the way to go then. I had priced having him do it and it was like 800 bucks or somthing. But i also wanted to run the bike ignition to get rid of all that nasty wiring and get a smaller flywheel and what not. So i just ordered a new carb from service honda and it was about 380 shipped. Regular shops wanted six or seven hundred and then i got the 50 dollar adapter. But if you are going to keep your stock wiring i would say the extra money would be worth it not to have to mess with anything.

trynflyn450r
01-24-2005, 03:12 PM
How much is the carb from mark baldwin. So do you have to jet the crf carb or is good