PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Fishing!

Brian450
01-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Well went out with a friend in the Gulf of Mexico for some offshore fishing today. Weather was great but sucked getting up at 4am and leaving at 4:30am. Went to one spot and got a 31", 15lb gag grouper. Left that spot and headed for K-Tower about 17 miles offshore. There I got an amberjack that was also 31" & 15lbs.. What a way to relax on a saturday. :D

blasterkid
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
nice stuff man all i do is off shore fish during the summer if u wana get into offshore fishing get into getting up eearly cus thats all they do. the tuna season was awsome this year

2002400ex
01-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I love deep sea fishing. :) I dont get to go a lot though:(

MichaelS693
01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
me my dad my brother in law and cousin always go at least 4-5 times a year.. we are currently looking into buyin a 32' walk around boat with 2 225hp motors on the back... my brother in law caught a 33 pound red snapper off the coast of MS, and also caught a 55 pound king mackeral(sp?).. lucky bast*** lol.... we one time went off the coast of MS and went out to a oil rig to catch some snapper... it was unbelieveable... the snapper would come to the surface of the water and would try to eat cig butts we threw out on the water... we caught 214 snapper in one and a half day... believe it or not (yes i know it was illegal.. limit is 5 per person and it was 5 of us:D ) the axles on the boat trailer were flexing goin down the road all the fish were weighting it down so bad:) ... fun stuff.. i recommend anyone trying it once (that is if you dont get sea sick bad)

01-23-2005, 01:16 AM
my dad goes deep sea fishin like once a month:ermm: i think that someone was lookin for a 30' walk around with two 225, well he has one of those :ermm: deep fishing, thats his money pit, he bought that boat without tellin my mon hihi, we both new she wouldnt like him to buy that, we go to cabo san lucas like every year, and i hate it cus i get sick when im on a boat, yup thats weird cus my dad and my whole family like to fish, we have a lobster restaurant over here and i get sick on a boat haha, i think hes goin fishin tomorrow ill try to post some pics of his boat tomorrow.

MichaelS693
01-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
my dad goes deep sea fishin like once a month:ermm: i think that someone was lookin for a 30' walk around with two 225, well he has one of those :ermm: deep fishing, thats his money pit, he bought that boat without tellin my mon hihi, we both new she wouldnt like him to buy that, we go to cabo san lucas like every year, and i hate it cus i get sick when im on a boat, yup thats weird cus my dad and my whole family like to fish, we have a lobster restaurant over here and i get sick on a boat haha, i think hes goin fishin tomorrow ill try to post some pics of his boat tomorrow.

im telling you... if you keep going your stomach will eventually get used to it (maybe) if u get on the boat and you have it in your head that your going to get sick you will... but if u think positive and not think about it.. then you wont..... in the case that u do start to feel sick.... drink some v8 juice and burp alot... it will relieve the pressure on your stomach:D

01-23-2005, 12:45 PM
haha i used to drink some pills for that thing and ive always fell asleep :p . never tried the v8 but... hehe.

here r some pics of my dad's money pit.
i would try to take the picture of the motors later.

lol
01-23-2005, 02:03 PM
yup during the summer we fish constantly, we travel up and down the east coast for tournaments:)

01-23-2005, 02:07 PM
my dad goes around baja for some tournaments, and a couple on so. cal.

01-23-2005, 02:11 PM
everyone tell ur parents if they're interested n this

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1426896#post1426896

its very interesting, its worth 4649 bucks, im asking 2000 or best offer.

JR3
01-23-2005, 02:11 PM
in the summer im always fishing we go in the ocean fluking but i love fishing in the bay more techincal etc using light tackle but in the fall its all bout the stripers we did good this year with them one 42 incher and four 35s and the usual slot fish

efilnicafesin
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by JR3
in the summer im always fishing we go in the ocean fluking but i love fishing in the bay more techincal etc using light tackle but in the fall its all bout the stripers we did good this year with them one 42 incher and four 35s and the usual slot fish

Where? On Flynns? My Dad has a 27' Amberjack in Port Monmouth just south of Earle... He got some nice bass this year as well.

JR3
01-23-2005, 07:01 PM
nope i go out of the barnegat inlet and the bb and bi buoys

01-23-2005, 07:33 PM
who goes salt water fishing?