PDA

View Full Version : Fan without rectifier??

speedfreaksguy
01-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Can I eliminate the rectifier/regulator and retain the fan? Any help would be appreciated.

trailtech
01-22-2005, 02:47 PM
No, it is a DC fan, AC will kill it. Not sure but most likely your regulator is built in with your rectifier and removing it will kill many of your electrical items. Quite possibly you CDI.

speedfreaksguy
01-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Anyone??

trailtech
01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Look on your fan. You will see a sticker that reads "12VDC" this indicates the fan is DC powered and will not work on AC power. You need your regulator/rectifier.

bobbo97f150
01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by trailtech
Look on your fan. You will see a sticker that reads "12VDC" this indicates the fan is DC powered and will not work on AC power. You need your regulator/rectifier.

That doesn't sound clear to me at all. What do you know about electricity? Just kidding, I'm assuming you are the same trail tech which makes the Trail Tech Lights kits.

speedfreaksguy
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I sent my wiring harness to JH Racing to eliminate all excess wires for an MX 450R. I told him I wanted to retain the fan. At that time he told me he had done many of these, but no one kept the fan. I got it back and it has the wiring for the fan but the plug for the regulator/rectifier is gone. I read on another forum about someone whos retifier came unplugged and when the fan came on it fried the harness. Before I go and hook up my fan I want to make shure this isn't going to happen.

trailtech
01-28-2005, 01:09 PM
No, you cannot eliminate the regulator/rectifier and keep the fan.

The fan needs DC power to run. Just look at the sticker on the fan motor!

Even more important, is you cannot eliminate the relator/rectifier and not risk burining your CDI. I have not checked but I would be very surprised if HOnda is not using regualted power to the CDI. They have regulated power on the bike, the CDI needs 3 volts to run, what would you do?

bobbo, we make light kits, regulator/rectifers, speedometers, tachometers, flywheels, stators.........

honda007
01-29-2005, 05:46 PM
I have a question, I have a crf450 conversion in my 400ex, that i want to add lights to. i have a flywheel & stator off of a trx450R, can i adapt them to work with my wiring & cdi from my crf450 motor and add a aftermarket regulator? so i can run lights without having to keep charging my battery.

Trailtech i have a set of your HID clap on lights that are awsome.

trailtech
01-30-2005, 12:16 AM
honda007,

If you do not already have the TRX450 flywheel and stator working, I would use the CRF stator and flywheel.

We can make the CRF stator/flywheel put out 100 watts for lighting. We make complete flywheels for the TRX450 and the CRF450. We could make a flywheel to improve the rideability of the CRF450 motor in the 400EX frame. The flywheel uses high energy magnets to overdrive the stator and put out more lighting power.

honda007
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
So i can ues the 450R Flywheel & Stator with the CRF450 CDI box? I dont want to spend anymore money on this project i have already spent a fortune on this beast

trailtech
02-08-2005, 05:02 PM
If You have the CRf motor and CDI, the CRF flywheel and stator will work. We can rewind the stator and overdrive it with a high energy flywheel.