PDA

View Full Version : How many people can pull holeshots against a 440 on a stock 400????

400exBro
04-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Today i was at my first race and we were all lined up. there were 5 400s - ranging from stock, piped and 440, and then ds 650, and a raptor. the flag guy drops the flag and for some reason i pulled everyone off the line and got 3rd into the corner. my 400 with the wb pipe without s/a pulls strong off the line in first, and i didn't cheat (jump the gun) everyone thought i was running something bigger than a 440.
I am getting good at this holeshot thing maybe if i get a little better at acually racing till the engine falls out i might win.
BTW i got 5th out of 10 not bad for a first race on a stock 400, eh???i know no one cares but i have no idea how i keep pulling holeshots against every type of 4 wheela...
lata
Bro

04-28-2002, 07:11 PM
its not all motor he might be a sucky starter

Evan
04-28-2002, 07:31 PM
I do it too. I am usally at least the first one out of the gate(you cant cheat b/c of the gates) In my motos there are usally at least one 440, and I almost always beat him to the first turn, there is a guy on a raptor that gives me some trouble some time, he has an extensive list of mods though. I think it must be the rider, or else there bike doesnt run good. You can tell in my moto which quads have motor work done to em cuz I get at least halfway to the first turn and they come flying by. Just about everytime I am out the gate and halfaway to the turn and then they come up beside me. Man if only everyone stock motors I would win every holeshot.

voges
05-06-2002, 05:30 PM
This weekend was my first race.
The day before me and a friend were practicing our holeshot and with the new boots i got i kept hitting nutrual going to 2nd. so at the race i started in 2nd i was side by side with a 440. then he killed me. i got 3rd out of 8. 1st was 440 decked out with shocks .....Ect. 2nd place said he had 13,000 in his with the 4 wheeler included. and i beat another 400 that looked like he had a lot of money in it.
i have stock with fmf pipe, nerf bars, and it was just rebuilt.
For now im just going to invert my front rims.
see how i do at my next race before i go all out.