PDA

View Full Version : possible ignition problems

Aarron
01-22-2005, 08:12 AM
My ignition lights will not come on and nothing turns over. I tried a replacing the fuse in the CDI box and a new solenoid. I did not get any results. Anybody have an idea or has anyone run into any similar problem?

Thanks.

Aarron

mojoe2878
01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
check all the wires for tightness and for corrosion build up. you need to check all the small wires that are going to the ignition, you may need to pull off the plastics to get to all the wires to check them over real good. if you cant find any thing wrong with any of the wires, then jump the red and black wires at the key switch together and see if it works. if it does then the ignition key switch is bad.

Aarron
01-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Checking the wires was my next step just have not done that yet.. I hope it is something simple.. Thanks for the input!

Aarron

balls2da-wall
01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Check the ground wire...i had the same problem till i cleaned the ground wire connection with some sand paper:D

Aarron
01-22-2005, 11:40 AM
which ground wire?

When i first starting experiencing the problem, i thought there was a short or bad connection on the battery. I know the connections on the solenoid & battery are good. Thanks.

Aarron

balls2da-wall
01-22-2005, 01:04 PM
where the ground wire attaches to the frame...if water gets between the connection if could rust and make the lights not come on and not start...trust me it only takes a little rust too!:D