PDA

View Full Version : Light removal?

Tantal
01-22-2005, 05:27 AM
I want to remove the lights from my YFZ but I don't want to cause any electrical problems.

As I've heard, Yamaha offers a "fix", some type of switch or something? Correct? Basically I want to know what I need to do this correctly.

**** Also, if I were to have a kicker installed... and I rode on a dead battery would this cause any ill effects?

SRH
01-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Tantal
I want to remove the lights from my YFZ but I don't want to cause any electrical problems.

As I've heard, Yamaha offers a "fix", some type of switch or something? Correct? Basically I want to know what I need to do this correctly.

**** Also, if I were to have a kicker installed... and I rode on a dead battery would this cause any ill effects?

yes, do a search for "lighting" in this forum and click new part posted by jlhughes750 , i just picked mine up last night 53 bucks

no as long as you keep the battery in youll be fine, doesnt matter if its dead or not you just need it installed as far as i know

Tantal
01-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks, man!

mountaineer
01-25-2005, 08:19 PM
You need to keep your battery for your cooling fan. when you pull off your lights run with your headlight switch in the on position. I removed the light switch housing and hard wired my lights on all the time and have had no battery problems