PDA

View Full Version : chain question

quad
01-22-2005, 05:25 AM
I broke the masterlink clip on my D.I.D. "x ring" chain yesterday.So I went to the local dealer and told him what chain I had.When I got home,I noticed its a "Regina"brand link.After comparing the two,I noticed that the "regina" link is a little wider than my D.I.D. chain.The "regina" link is the same length,height as the D.I.D.Its just that the pins on the "regina" masterlink are a little longer than the pins on the D.I.D. masterlink. They are longer so it makes the entire link a little wider than my chain.The difference is about the thickness of a dime.
With the o rings in place,its pretty tight against my chain links tho.It looks like it will clear everything as the chain rotates.Question is will it be o.k to run that masterlink bein a wee lil bit wider than my chain?Thanks !!

This is on a Z400 if that helps.......520 chain size,and I only plan to run this chain a week or 2 more.

TC426EX
01-22-2005, 06:48 AM
I dont see why it would be a problem... If you were able to snap it into place then it should hold... I would look into getting a new DID link soon though just to be safe...

Bajakawi
01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Most likely it wil break soon, or at least bend than your clip will pop off. you will be getting alot of dirt and crud in-between the clip and plate. This will allow the clip to get unseated and come off, may take a week, may take a month, who knows..it is a good fix out on the trail or for the rest of a ride, but my advice is not to leave it that way very long.
Bajapred

quad
01-22-2005, 09:04 AM
The clip seats fine against the links side.The whole link itself is a lil bit wider than my chain.Just the outer edges of the link are wider basically