Hammer trx450r
01-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
I dont know. Go ride em both and come back and tell us! :p

Nice answer. What up Jersey?

SRH
01-22-2005, 11:15 AM
yfz has more bumpsteer but that can be corrected
the yfz rear shock setup is superior to the 450rs...front ends can always be changed out, you can still go with a linkage for the r too...its really wahtever your preference is...

bestrider14
01-23-2005, 05:08 PM
well I personally think that the yfz is the better bike.It just has more power.Iwould buy one instead of the honda and it is great for all those kids that want one...I would get them one and leave it stock!

bestrider14
01-23-2005, 05:26 PM
I am a girl and my dad thinks that I need to get a less powerful .. have a 250r bike..,but i ride the 450r and am good and I want a yfz 450.

sampleez
01-23-2005, 07:06 PM
what do you do to help the bumpsteer. i have rode my buddies with offset wheels and it is pretty twitchy.

Syrus
01-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bestrider14
well I personally think that the yfz is the better bike.It just has more power.Iwould buy one instead of the honda

Haaaaa ? Dude where are u getting your info, their is a 1-2 hp difference between each of them. Get your facts before u reply, you dont even own either of them.

YFZ420
01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
what do you do to help the bumpsteer. i have rode my buddies with offset wheels and it is pretty twitchy.

buy a steering dampner, every yfz should have one.

SRH
01-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Haaaaa ? Dude where are u getting your info, their is a 1-2 hp difference between each of them. Get your facts before u reply, you dont even own either of them.

either do you:p

the yfz has way more torque and slightly more hp, a more aburpt hit feels faster, better power for mx, the 450r has smooth power kind of a xc style power...either can be made competitive just depends on yoru wallet

MY450R
01-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SRH
either do you:p

the yfz has way more torque and slightly more hp, a more aburpt hit feels faster, better power for mx, the 450r has smooth power kind of a xc style power...either can be made competitive just depends on yoru wallet
either do you

UH NO THE 450R HAS MORE TORQUE and the yfz has more hp
damn dude youve been on here forever and youve never seen the stock dyno charts yet??
do a search and you'll see that im right

MY450R
01-26-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111034&highlight=dyno+charts
i took the liberty of digging it up myself
:devil: :devil: :devil:

SuzukiRacr07
01-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
either do you

damn dude youve been on here forever and youve never seen the stock dyno charts yet??
do a search and you'll see that im right yah, hes right....... the 450R has more torque for sure, but the YFZ definitely has more HP....... while there's only a .9HP in that dyno chart, you can pull the baffle, remove the airbox lid, do the cammod, and rejet for free and then probably be a good 4 or 5 HP in front of the honda, then really smoke em :cool: ....... aside from that and getting back to the question, in stock form, the YFZ no doubt will outhandle the R because of the lower CG....... but, after you mod both of them w/ arms/shocks, etc, they are pretty dam close, but the YFZ still edges it out IMO

JEL
01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
RIDE REDhudge red :)

MY450R
01-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
yah, hes right....... the 450R has more torque for sure, but the YFZ definitely has more HP....... while there's only a .9HP in that dyno chart, you can pull the baffle, remove the airbox lid, do the cammod, and rejet for free and then probably be a good 4 or 5 HP in front of the honda, then really smoke em :cool: ....... aside from that and getting back to the question, in stock form, the YFZ no doubt will outhandle the R because of the lower CG....... but, after you mod both of them w/ arms/shocks, etc, they are pretty dam close, but the YFZ still edges it out IMO
am i still right when i say...YOUR AN IDIOT!!
j-p man but seriously the trx and the yfz are pretty much the same in all departments
whatever you can do to the yfz can also be done to the r
as far as handling the r has a better front end and the yfz has a better rear end(stock that is)
personally i like the r better because i have one
no really it is better for what i do which is trail ride and my bud has the yfz and we switch all the time and he even like mine better
its all rider preference

SRH
01-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
either do you

do a search and you'll see that im right

i dont know i never rode a stock yfz so i cant judge in stock form which has more torque

MY450R
01-31-2005, 01:08 PM
you should let the dyno be the judge of that
and its trx for torque and yfz hp

woodside83
02-05-2005, 12:40 AM
if you are going to race it then you want the yfz if you want a trail bike then save some money and get the honda. the suspention on the yfz is made to run wide open all the time and if you baby it , it will jar you to death. i can do 2 gear startes on my yfz no problem the honda dose not at all but that will change after i put a 13 tooth sprocket on the frount hopefully and my hmf on it.
when i had mine stock the yfz had more toque and the honda had the hrc kit in it me and my freind did several drag races on both bikes

panteramatt
02-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Are you kidding? My stock yzf450 feels like it has no torque at all but once to peg the throttle, theres no comparison to a 450r! My buddy went out and bought a brand new 450r and after riding it I went out and got the YFZ if that answers any of your questions!

SRH
02-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by panteramatt
Are you kidding? My stock yzf450 feels like it has no torque at all but once to peg the throttle, theres no comparison to a 450r! My buddy went out and bought a brand new 450r and after riding it I went out and got the YFZ if that answers any of your questions!

when i mean torque i mean the hit, unless it has a massive amount of power a smooth powerband is useless on a tight mx track, you need that hit to get over those big doubles that are right out of a corner

redgrizz
02-07-2005, 06:35 PM
you guys wanna know what it boils down too? what do you like red or blue? lol

seriously there both awsome bikes, go out and see for yourself

for the record i have a yfz:D

panteramatt
02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
I ride red, blue, and yellow!!!:D