PDA

View Full Version : Finally...g o t m y R!!!! 1st impressions....

PADZZ
01-21-2005, 07:53 PM
WOW. This thing has some power. WAAYYY fater than my 400ex w/ bolt ons. But the main thing I noticed is how this thing rails. Fricking handles awesome.
1st gear SUCKS! Way to high. I did get 1 13T to help that while I was at the dealer. Front wheels do not want to stay on the ground...LOL. I'm very happy even after the 20 minutes I got to ride it. DOn't know if I'm going to like the kickstarter, but I'm sure I'll get use to it.
I was also expecting a harsh ride, but it is a lot smoother than I thought. Got the black one....anyway, we be happy :D

BOONE450R
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Way to go;)

Congrats on your new 450r:macho

honda racer 211
01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Iwas thinking about getting a 450r, I have a 250r now what do you think?

PADZZ
01-22-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow how my friends 250R stacks up against mine.

One more thing- mine seems to have quite the ...HIT...if you will. And then when I let off the throttle it kinda stops me...if that makes sense. Sucks I'm at wotk now. I offered a guy $30 so I could go home early and he wouldn't take it...LOL. Oh well.

NikNacs67
01-22-2005, 11:41 PM
If you think 450R's are fast, ride a Cannondale with Moto mapping. Right before I bought my dale I rode a piped 450R and thought it was the fastest thing I ever put my leg over and I was determined to buy one... then I looked in a Cdale and rode it hard and never thought twice about buying it. Although 450R's are very nice as I own 3 other Hondas:D .

PADZZ
01-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Hate the kickstarter already. All this I read about sitting down and it fires up is not what I'm experiencing. I stopped for a second and it stalled. Well, after about 30 kicks it got going again. By that time I was too tired to ride! LOL. What's the trick? I''m using the hot start. Once it flew back and I thought it was going to snap my leg in two.

Jersey450R
01-23-2005, 08:43 AM
wait till you break it in man before you start knocking your own 450R! it gets so much easier when its all broken in and...you start having a little patience. dont use the hot start unless its absolutley needed. No gas and kick it slow...no...rather picture yourself falling down on it and do it that way.