PDA

View Full Version : Hockey fan slams lockout in own obit

Foxyangel0425
01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Archie Bennitz, 84, instructed his son to criticize NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union leader Bob Goodenow in his death notice.

NHL LABOR WARS

Bennitz called Bettman and Goodenow "skunks for denying him the pleasure of watching the NHL on TV this year," the obituary in the Ottawa Citizen read. Bennitz also urged Bettman to step aside in favor of Wayne Gretzky.

David Bennitz said his father had become increasingly angry during his last month in the hospital as the lockout dragged on. Hockey was the only thing he watched on TV.

Bennitz, who was born in Nova Scotia and grew up just north of Toronto, was a dedicated Maple Leafs fan. He developed a soft spot for the Ottawa Senators, however, after he moved to Ottawa about three years ago to be closer to his family.

thought it to be funny not to share

Quad18star
01-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I've never seen that in an Obituary , but there's a first time for everything . It's just how dedicated a lot of us are towards this sport .

It's run by dick heads . The owners are wanting more $$ , but refuse to pay the players what they deserve . Maybe instead of capping the players salaries , the league should look at capping ticket prices. And get Bettman the F**k out of there . He's f**ked up one other league before , and now he's trying to do it with the NHL . I hope someone hangs him by his nuts . Also I agree about getting The Great One in there somehow . He has proven that he is a class act ... down to earth kind of guy . He runs our Canadian Olympics Team ... is a great businessman ... is respected by all around the league ... and will be there to represent the League , The Players and the FANS .

Just watch when the league and players come to an agreement .... a lot of TOP players won't be playing in the NHL anymore . A Lot of them have already said they will stick with the European Leagues .... better hockey , great publicity , good $$ and they have respect for the players and fans .

DEAL
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
How about that bowling :confused:

Quad18star
01-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
How about that bowling :confused:

Thats a sport Bettman should go and run . Either that or Cricket or Sincronized swimming or Lawn Darts . :grr:

01-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Thats a sport Bettman should go and run . Either that or Cricket or Sincronized swimming or Lawn Darts . :grr: or pocket pool

Quad18star
01-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
or pocket pool

No No No ..... that's a legit sport .... he better not F**k that up . :p

01-22-2005, 12:31 PM
No No No ..... that's a legit sport .... he better not F**k that up . :p yah..im pretty good at that one. I'd hate to have to see him cause a lockout with that one

Quad18star
01-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yah..im pretty good at that one. I'd hate to have to see him cause a lockout with that one

ROFLMAO .... I'd like to see him try and stop me . :p ;)

JDiablo
01-22-2005, 12:44 PM
well all i know is when hockey comes back,i know the Devils aren't going to have some of the greats,brodeur will be almost 35,Stevens is done,all the greats will be outta here,it will be all young players and all the teams are going to suck...but ill still stick with my team....Devs for life :macho

01-22-2005, 04:54 PM
ROFLMAO .... I'd like to see him try and stop me . :p ;) yah..id just join another league in another country...like a eurpoean league or african league or something..i'd prob. get paid more too