PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got plastic repair magic?

09-05-2001, 10:50 PM
Well, I tumbled my ride down a hill last weekend . . . again. But for the record, this is the third time it has gotten to the bottom of a hill without me, and to date I've only busted a clutch perch and one plastic mounting tab. In this case, the broken part is the upper mount under the front fender. I tried to weld/melt it back together and reinforce it with a couple of rivets and steel straps. This worked well until I tumbled it the next day and now just the rivets/straps are holding it on there. It would be a shame to buy a new front fender for such a small area, so I was thinking of globbing on a pile of JB weld or some similar material. The other thought I had was getting my hands on some scrap red plastic and trying to re-melt/weld it using more material.

Anybody been through this before? Any input or suggestions? Thanks!

09-06-2001, 09:10 AM
Well I don't know how you can fix it but I would like to suggest that you quit goin up that hill that keeps throwin your bike back down to the bottom and tearin stuff up....:D

trx400ex
09-06-2001, 02:51 PM
buy the three bond plastic repair kit in dennis kirk for 30 bucks....it comes witha complete kit of things you might need.......i got it and that is some strong sht...it is friggin SUPER SUPER glue like