PDA

View Full Version : axles???Help

holeshot66
01-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Which axle is really good for mx and for a yfz 450

300ex73
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Team, RPM Dominator, LSR Axcalibur, and Dura Blue X-33 are all really good Axles. I myself though would recommend the LSR because of the warranty, and it seems to be a really strong ***** axle.

Rich250RRacer
01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I've had a bad experience with Dura-blue, and would NEVER buy another axle from them. They use show chrome (or what you see on bumpers, valve covers, etc.) on the entire axle including where the bearings ride. This type of chrome will not hold up to the bearing riding on it and will flake off, making a loose bearing to axle fit. Mine was gone in three months. I called them and they would do nothing about it, claiming this was normal wear. A good axle, such as RPM, is hard chromed, just as a hydraulic cylinder or shock shaft is. It does not wear and is intended to have something riding on it. Stay away from Dura-blue, you won't be happy with their product!

BUILT TO RIDE
01-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Theres a new axle out from G-force. They sell for $199. I dont know much about them.

ex kid
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
i've heard MANY times that the Lonestarts tend to strip the splines under the wheel hubs out. if you want to do it right spend the $$ and get a RPM.

400exrider707
01-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I've seen everything bend except for RPM's

sampleez
01-21-2005, 10:00 PM
i saw on yfzcentral.com that woodward specialties has the rpm for $360 including shipping and a lifetime warranty!!!! That's what i'm getting for sho. that may be for a yfz, but i doubt it would be any more for other bikes

300ex73
01-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
i've heard MANY times that the Lonestarts tend to strip the splines under the wheel hubs out. if you want to do it right spend the $$ and get a RPM.

Any axle will strip the splines if you do not correctly torque down the hubs. It is best to use a breaker bar or an impact wrench to tighten down the axle nuts. Make sure that once you have the nut tightened, and the cotter pin in place, that there is no freeplay between the hub and the axle. If there is, then you do not have it tight enough, and WILL lead to stripping of the splines. Make sure to check for freeplay again after a couple of hours of riding, as the nut will loosen and show any play that may be there.

K_Fulk
01-22-2005, 02:12 PM
My rpm axle is still in great shape after 4 years....

Allen
01-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I Bought the Lonestar and it didnt come with the "c" clip that holds the sprocket hub on.....I'm goin to call them Monday and see whats up????