PDA

View Full Version : atk ?

btlblwnracer
01-21-2005, 11:29 AM
was just wondering how everyone that has a atk likes it ? been thinking about getting one as a "play" bike and somthing for the wife to ride , she wants a shee but been trying to talk her into a 450r or atk , she likes the atk . just wondering how hard it is to get parts ect. and eveyones overall happiness with the quad. thanx.

bradley300
01-21-2005, 11:49 AM
at worst, i you can call ATK direct for parts i beleive. thequadshop and haydug cylces are both atk dealers. check out www.cannondaleriders.com for more info than you can ever imagine on 1 quad!

Derno24
01-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Getting parts is not a porblem as ATK has plenty and there are tons out there on ebay.

I have 2 Cannondales, but one is setup like an atk450. I like them they just require a little bit of attention. How good is the wife as a rider?

Derno24
01-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
www.cannondaleriders.com

We are like lunatics over there!:D

Admin
01-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
We are like lunatics over there!:D

Just because you are doesn't mean the rest of them follow your lead:eek:

jacobw
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
all hail derno! all hail derno! all hail derno! is that enough answer for you!!!:D

bombsquad54
01-21-2005, 01:54 PM
i have a moto/haydug cycles setup, with everything ATK offers, i love it, it pulls 450r's and yfz's all day, the atk IS THE BEST QUAD OUT THERE for the money, well. . . best period! the atks are reliable and are easy to get parts! please take a look at my atk wannabee. all hale derno :) feel free to go to www.atkusa.com for info on them or call haydug cycles or the quadshop. you wont be sorry!

btlblwnracer
01-22-2005, 05:53 AM
Getting parts is not a porblem as ATK has plenty and there are tons out there on ebay.

I have 2 Cannondales, but one is setup like an atk450. I like them they just require a little bit of attention. How good is the wife as a rider?

As far as the wife as a rider , she pretty good , not really a "big air " person but she will give most guys a run for there money :cool: . I still have my old 86 250r and she like to ride that but can't kick it over :( (but it does have a 295 big bore and is alittle hard to kick ) . right now she has a modded blaster , that she is alittle hard on , its definatly time to up grade.
When you say that you have a cannondale setup like a atk , what is the diff. between the cannondale and atk? also would I be ahead to fin a used cannondale in good shape? thanx.

dsracer666
01-22-2005, 06:19 AM
btlblwnracer

I noticed you live in so. ME, do you race?

TC426EX
01-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by bombsquad54
i have a moto/haydug cycles setup, with everything ATK offers, i love it, it pulls 450r's and yfz's all day, the atk IS THE BEST QUAD OUT THERE for the money, well. . . best period! the atks are reliable and are easy to get parts! please take a look at my atk wannabee. all hale derno :) feel free to go to www.atkusa.com for info on them or call haydug cycles or the quadshop. you wont be sorry!

That is one clean good lookin machine!! I am seriously considering the ATK 450 as my next ride but we'll see...

btlblwnracer
01-22-2005, 08:41 AM
dsracer666,
just sanddrags and ride real hard , tryed mx at the track in lyman........ was pushing it to hard , ended up "packing" the rear in the back section of whoops , well a broken collar bone and a wrist broken in 3 spots ended my short season :( .
You use to ride in dayton did'nt you ? I had the pred with the nitrous setup on it . got a 450r now... much better bike. theres a place alittle above bangor that has harescrambles on fri nights, have done that a couple of times , but right now it's iceracing season :D . later

jesshamner
01-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by btlblwnracer
also would I be ahead to fin a used cannondale in good shape? thanx.

You could find one but if you can afford it, you might be better off buying an atk. Its probably going to be a little more reliable. With cannondales, you never know what you're going to get. Some broke while taking them out of the crate, some never even had any updates and are still going strong. Also, you have to make sure you do the maintanence. These things are race quads. They should be treated like it.

buddah
01-22-2005, 02:15 PM
If you're in the market for an ATK or Cannondale I have one that I'm selling:
***ALL MOTOR WORK PERFORMED BY ATK***
Motor has all the ATK upgrades with 450 kit.
Has full HMF pipe, AC nerfs, new Eyeball Engineering plus 3'' long travel arms, Axis front shocks, revalved rear Fox shock set up by TCS (zero preload), Moto axle, SST brake lines F&R, 20'' Holeshots mounted on Z400 wheels, new rear Douglas 8x8 .190's and tires of your choice will go with the quad, not the set shown in the picture. The a-arms have zero rides, brand new.

I performed the first oil and tranny fluid changes with Mobil 1 two weeks ago. Also running Evans coolant.

Quad is as close to new as you will find. Under 10 hours. Never raced and runs extremely strong! Front end has been polished out.

Sell for $6200.

buddah
01-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Front End:
http://www.dunereview.com/forums/uploads/post-4-1105672385.jpg

Derno24
01-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by btlblwnracer
As far as the wife as a rider , she pretty good , not really a "big air " person but she will give most guys a run for there money :cool: . I still have my old 86 250r and she like to ride that but can't kick it over :( (but it does have a 295 big bore and is alittle hard to kick ) . right now she has a modded blaster , that she is alittle hard on , its definatly time to up grade.
When you say that you have a cannondale setup like a atk , what is the diff. between the cannondale and atk? also would I be ahead to fin a used cannondale in good shape? thanx.

Well I wanted to make sure as these have alot of torque and alot of people that have ridden them compare the hit to a 2 stroke.

The difference between a Dale and an ATK is all in the motor. A Stock Dale is 432cc and may have an unbalanced crank. Now it can be run as is, but needs a little work to make reliable. An ATK has a balanced crank along with work done to make the motor more reliable plus a true 450cc.

Cost wise if you aren't afraid of work it is cheaper for an old Dale, but you would need to know all the history for the quad. I would look at Buddah's quad and if +3 isn't the way you want to go just ask as there are some quads that are up for sale that are in good shape.

buddah
01-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Well I wanted to make sure as these have alot of torque and alot of people that have ridden them compare the hit to a 2 stroke.

The difference between a Dale and an ATK is all in the motor. A Stock Dale is 432cc and may have an unbalanced crank. Now it can be run as is, but needs a little work to make reliable. An ATK has a balanced crank along with work done to make the motor more reliable plus a true 450cc.

Cost wise if you aren't afraid of work it is cheaper for an old Dale, but you would need to know all the history for the quad. I would look at Buddah's quad and if +3 isn't the way you want to go just ask as there are some quads that are up for sale that are in good shape.
Well said Derno. The biggest difference is the motor and that was the determining factor when I purchased mine. The motor was completely upgraded by ATK. I personally wouldn't buy a Cannondale without the motor upgrades unless you can pick one up cheap. Send the motor off to ATK with a $2000 check and you're set. I can tell you though, different maps make a huge difference in how the power is delivered and mine absolutely rips. Definitely faster than my old YFZ.
By the way, I will sell mine for $4900 without the long travel front end. I'll put the stock set back on which has only 9 hours of ride time. Just thought I would throw it out there.:D

btlblwnracer
01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Well I was'nt really planning on doing anything befor spring but i'll talk to the wife , don't know how it'll go but i'll try :D .

buddah
01-22-2005, 05:06 PM
:eek2: :D

ccole
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I have had Cannondales for a few years now and all the ones i have had and have ridden have not had any motor updates on them at all and there hasn't been any problems. We 4 in the family and 1 my buddy ownes all have motor mount update and thats it. I have had a 400ex and a z400 and the dale my be more maintance but it's just as relaible for all of us. here is a list of the year and models of the dales. 02 Blaze, 03 Cannibal, 03 Cannibal, 02 Moto, 03 Moto

Toadz400
01-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by buddah
By the way, I will sell mine for $4900 without the long travel front end. I'll put the stock set back on which has only 9 hours of ride time. Just thought I would throw it out there.:D

I just had the sudden urge to rob a bank...

Oh man, anyone want to buy a Banshee and 400EX??? I need an ATK!

sillysspeed
01-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I have met Frank White the owner of ATK. He is a down to earth guy that is no different than any of us. They are standing behind their promise to make the Cannondale a more reliable,faster and inexpensive racer that's MADE IN THE USA. If I already didn't have a maxed out Dale I would not hesitate to buy an ATK.

rancid
12-18-2005, 01:43 PM
i have had a atk updated cannondale and a 05 atk and they are awsome quads, but not alot of aftermarket parts for you. but very fast and handle very good and has no problem beating 450r,s, the yfz,s are a bit harder.

Toadz400
12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sillysspeed
I have met Frank White the owner of ATK. He is a down to earth guy that is no different than any of us. They are standing behind their promise to make the Cannondale a more reliable,faster and inexpensive racer that's MADE IN THE USA. If I already didn't have a maxed out Dale I would not hesitate to buy an ATK.

I would've bought an ATK instead of my YFZ but the closest dealer is 5 hours away. If there was one nearby I would not have hesitated to buy one.

aroracer72
12-24-2005, 10:43 PM
A dale handles as good as anything...and with a click of the mouse, you can have it be a mild wimpy trail machine and with anotehr click, it will say bye bye to 450's modded and stock. Dales are unique...but dont buy froma dealer....bye like a stock rebuilt one or soemthing..if a dale is built witht eh right parts9which can be found)...the'yll outlast anything and have more perfmormance. I bought a pro am racers dale with 2 seasons on it..doesnt even need rings!!!!!
CHAD

cdalejef
01-13-2006, 02:47 PM
It is still the best racing quad I have ever thrown a leg over!

http://cdalejef.smugmug.com/photos/21656168-L.jpg

jacobw
01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Jeff are you going to be racing the gncc in the pro class or any class?? You need to at least come to the one that is gonna be in seymour missouri aka the missouri gncc so we can bs:D Oh yeah your old atk has to have the crank done dont even have 2 hours of run time and she bit the dirt:ermm: I dont know what the deal is brad@blackwidow is gonna have cord redo the crank with a z400 bearing so it will be back up and hopefully at the missouri gncc this year!!!

cdalejef
01-13-2006, 05:43 PM
I may be at some of the races with TireBalls, don't know for sure yet tho.

jacobw
01-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I will be running ratedx and tcs this year as a mx setup since the gncc is gonna be wide I may throw some 4:1 wheel on and be aroung 48"" and adjust the rear axle down change the gearing and throw some xc tires on just to race!!!

jacobw
01-13-2006, 06:28 PM
come on jeff no racing that is like giving up beer drinking:eek2:

cdalejef
01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
LOL well, I've put my time in.

jacobw
01-13-2006, 06:37 PM
YOu have put in your time are you done racing at such a young age??? :ermm: :confused: Man so many prime years left no more jeff on the atk I used to look forward to looking at atk pics with jeff riding the piss outta it!!!:D

cdalejef
01-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks man. The only way I'd be able to race again would be with full support. I think the Utility class would be a blast.

jacobw
01-13-2006, 07:43 PM
you think I could pass a cannondale with racks lol in the ute class, well no they go to fast!!! Oops I said that out loud LOL:D