PDA

View Full Version : New 400ex questions

Dire_Straights
01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Need some opinions please. Havent owned a quad/bike in about 10 years. going to pick up a new 05 400ex on tuesday. My first first question is the price I am getting, I am buying it out of state so its a no sales ax deal, and thats $4933.00 out the door. Good deal, or not?

Second ? I have a couple hundred left after purchase, looking for a few ideas for add ons. (I was think Holeshots and renthals) any suggestions?

Thanks

cals400ex
01-21-2005, 02:43 PM
that price is pretty good if you ask me. if your set on a 400ex, i wouldn't pass that up for a new 05. the aftermarket parts will really depend on what type of riding you will do. for example, i am going to switch from my aftermarket tires back to stock tires because i prefer the smoother ride and the lighter tire, which will enable my bike to run quicker.

schootar
01-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Seems like a good price to me also.

Look into some handlebars first. IMO the stockers were just way too uncomfortable. Find a bend that feels good to you. I personally like CR Hi, but I also rode bikes before I got my quad. Maybe look into getting an aftermarket filter (K&N, etc.) also.

Good luck and enjoy your quad.

copter
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Yep, thats a sweet price..

Freestylemxr
01-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I'de recomend getting some nerf bars, handle bars, and holeshots, depends on what your gonna be riding on what size you want, if your gonna be doin mx riding then you would probably want 20 inch holeshots up front and 18 inch holeshots in the back

TRAIL
01-22-2005, 09:02 AM
around where i live i was one of the first to get the 05 400ex and i took it in the *** i think. I paid 5500 OTD so you got a good price

ILGNCC400EX
01-23-2005, 11:20 AM
the first thing you need to do is take the swingarm pivot bolt an give it a good grease job if you dont it will freeze in and you will have to cut it out:eek2:

maskale
01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
the first thing you need to do is take the swingarm pivot bolt an give it a good grease job if you dont it will freeze in and you will have to cut it out:eek2:

He is right, but don't let that scare you. I have an 02 and I know the swing arm bolt is stuck in, but if you don't plan on taking it off then there will not be a need to cut it out. It is still a very good idea to grease it a few times a year just in case you ever want to take your swingarm off.

I would invest first in some saftey stuff. Helmet and riding boots, nerfs, and some hand guards if you do riding in the woods. The handle bars and tires would also be a good thing to replace but those can be done as time goes by.

I would say get your saftey gear and then do some riding to see what you like and dont like, check out what other people have on their quads and how you like it, and then make changes as you go along.

Dire_Straights
01-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, Tuesday cant get here fast enough, thats the day I am driving up to Chattanooga to get it.

400Rider022
01-24-2005, 05:23 PM
thats a good deal n ull have loads of fun:devil:

397ccEX
01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
That sounds like a great price i have a 02 400ex and i love it
For mods it does depend on what kind of riding you do but pipe and filter would be nice mods for power bars are definately a biggy i love my Renthals stonger than stock and far more comferatble I love my holeshots xcr,s very nice tire though heavier than stock by quite a bit
Good luck and Happy trails with your new honda
RIDE RED!

TCracin440ex
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
first thing i would do to a 400ex is id get nerfs...i cant stand ridding without nerfs...i can deal with anything except riddin without nerfs...

just thought id throw in a pic of my quad to give ya an idea...i kno its not an 05...but o well

397ccEX
01-25-2005, 08:19 PM
what kinda graphics? o n style where did u get it
I need a good graphic kit for my yeller ex

TCracin440ex
01-25-2005, 08:20 PM
i got deal on my graphics kit....got it off ebay 50 bucks shipped to my front door...that included a seatcover too...couldnt pass up on that deal considerin my stock seat cover was tore all to crap from pressurewashing too close, and my stock stickers were peeling off

TCracin440ex
01-25-2005, 08:29 PM
i got the rest of the graphics kit that goes on the back part of the plastics below the seat...but i aint felt like putting them on so

Dire_Straights
01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Well I picked it up yesterday and got a few hours in on it and I love it.

I got it from Southern Honda in Chattanooga and I will say it was well worth the 90 minute drive from Atl. I figure I saved atleast 1k on the deal just by driving a little bit. I would recommend anyone in the south to take a look here before buying anywhere else. While I was there I seen a guy from Fla. pick up 3 new 05 450R's and countless other ATV's go out the door while I was there, great buying expierance.

Now I cant wait for the weekend!!!!:p

http://southernhonda.com/

PS here is a link for the web site.