PDA

View Full Version : cant get my axle out

seth400
01-21-2005, 09:31 AM
how do you get the stock carrier and axle out of the swingarm. i pulled the whole swingarm and axle off the quad and cant get it the rest of the way apart

zedicus00
01-21-2005, 09:39 AM
screw the locknut towards the break stay a lil ways pull the sirclip of then pull the locknut then theres another circlip on the break stay. the rear break caliper has to come off. take the chain and sprocket off the hub. the axle will come out the side the chain was on. the sprocket hub doesnt come off. loosen the bolts on the back of the swinger and the carrier will usually come out with the axle. good luck it can be a real b!7ch.

beerock
01-21-2005, 06:42 PM
you dont have to take the sprocket off to take out the axle

zedicus00
01-21-2005, 09:01 PM
true, if u still run the stok skid plate it makes it a lot easier if u do take it off though,.

ZSK
01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
true, if u still run the stok skid plate it makes it a lot easier if u do take it off though,.

:huh

Why wouldn't you take the skid plate, stock or aftermarket, off when removing the axle?

zedicus00
01-21-2005, 10:36 PM
i dont hav a lift or anything its hard to get thouse bottom bolts out then it is to take the sprocket off

twisted threads
01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
One thing that I have learned when takeing a axle out its easier to losen up all the bolts and axle nut before you take off your brakes and your swingarm....... its nice haveing the brake so you can hold the axle still.:cool: When I take stuff apart on my bikes I always start from the outside and go in... NOT the Inside and go out.:)