PDA

View Full Version : Southwick

T-R-X
04-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Did any one race at Southwick this weekend? it wasnt to great, all mud, also my throttle locked up(because of dirt in he cable, slider) at the first corner, and i lost my front breaks. Any one going to Jolley Roger Next weekend?

EX 80
04-28-2002, 04:53 PM
I was going to race but i busted up my chin in winchester NH friday night. So i ended up watching in southwick. I am glad i didn't race it was horrible :D

Lasher
04-29-2002, 11:27 AM
I was at Southwick. I raced the 30+ class and did not finish the race. I didn't get any time to test the jetting and I was running very rich. With the bogging, I could barely make it through the mud.

First lap I ran into some one who fell off their quad. Luckily I as able to stop quick enough so I only hit him. Then when the fouled plug got the best of me I stopped on a hill and some one ran into the back of me.

I will be at Jolly Roger next weekend. I heard they got snow yesterday. Hopefully the track will be dry when we get up there. Forecast calls for partly sunny and around 70.

redrizza
04-29-2002, 02:00 PM
I raced southwick. I finished 2nd out of 22+ riders, in 4 stroke Novice. I'll be at JR next weekend :D That track is sick.
Hey, EX 80, how was Winchester? How many quads were there? Is the track good? About what time at night did they run the quad class?

EX 80
04-29-2002, 05:18 PM
Winchester is ALL jumps. You can see pics are www.winchesterspeedpark.com there are not usually many quads. I am all set with that place. I will be at jolly roger sunday, might not be racing yet though. At winchester the gates open at 3pm practice is at 5pm and racing at 6pm. I might go and watch this friday depending upon what time i get back from doc's.

04-30-2002, 08:54 PM
What do you need to race at Southwick? I am 38 and a rookie on a quad...would they have a class for me? i ride a stock 400ex.

EX 80
04-30-2002, 09:21 PM
You are required to have a kill switch, Nerf bars, Number on the renders, front and rear of quad. You are also required to have Riding boots, Riding pants and usually a jersey unless its cold out. You can race 4 stroke novice or 30 plus. This weekend there is a race in jolly roger, its in NH. Should come check it out.

04-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Bust this weekend...will try to get ready for the next Southwick race. Always wanted to ride there. Used to watch the motocross when i was a kid there.

EX 80
05-01-2002, 10:26 AM
next southwick is may 19th........... www.neatv-mx.com

Sick0
05-02-2002, 08:52 PM
My friend race southwick last weekend. They sign him in the wrong class. He raced his banshee in the 2-stroke class. He got first place but they disqualified him. He was so mad at that. It was his first race. I was wondering if and body seen him race a banshee in the 2-stroke novice.
Anyway I'm going to race the 19th. Anybody going to go the 19th.:devil

redrizza
05-03-2002, 06:32 AM
Hey Sick0, was your friend on a red and something banshee with the # 018 or 18 in black numbers on yellow background?

Sick0
05-03-2002, 03:08 PM
No he rides a black and white banshee but I think he was number 18. I think they signed some one else with a banshee also. It was kinda funnywhat happen, But I would be pissed If I won my first race and they disquafied me.

EX 80
05-03-2002, 10:05 PM
I did remember seeing some banshee's in the 2 stroke class. I thought that was odd beacuse they have always been in the open class. That explains why they were in the 2 stroke. Oh well hope they get it right next time.

Redrizza I will be racing at jolly roger. My quad will be number 80 in 4 stoke novice. Say HI if you see me, I will be drinv a blue Silverado 1/2 ton extended cab with a gray trailer (homemade)