View Full Version : update on removing my pivot-bolt

insaneracin2003
01-20-2005, 10:18 AM
:mad: :grr: :confused: :mad: ............:devil: :huh

seatec
01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
sithe the quad outside for a few hours and let the bolt shrinck. then heat around the holes with a torch or seomthing. might help.
Good Luck

SixthFloorFreak
01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
i got my bolt out by using some PB Blaster on it...and a big hammer. thread the nut on the bolt so that the threads are a little below the surface of the nut. this gives you something to hit that is replaceable...it might rough the threads up a little on the bolt, but nothing that isn't fixable as long as you're careful. once i got to where the nut did no good, i used a long bolt that was slighter smaller in diameter and drove it into the swingarm. when i couldn't reach it from the nut side anymore, i put an impact gun and socket on the exposed end and rotated the hell outta it while using a pair of channel locking pliers to pull it out

when i put the bolt back, i covered it in anti-seize...no way it won't come out next time

Rico
01-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Mine was seized so bad that when I thought it was coming out the other side it wasn't. My frame was spreading apart by about 3/4 of an inch.

PB Blaster and big hammer or sledge hammer even, won't do the job sometimes. I know from experience...

insaneracin2003
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Mine was seized so bad that when I thought it was coming out the other side it wasn't. My frame was spreading apart by about 3/4 of an inch.

PB Blaster and big hammer or sledge hammer even, won't do the job sometimes. I know from experience...

aaaagggghhhhh rico,so wheres the punch line?:confused: i know you have the answer!! that was like someones grandpa telling a joke that they the punch line to.lol....please help

Rico
01-20-2005, 02:13 PM
2 words

plasma cutter......:mad:

insaneracin2003
01-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Rico
2 words
can we use a saws-all,it will be kinda tight in there though

plasma cutter......:mad:

mxmike17
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Whats up Paul!!!!!!!!!!

Get you a peace of threaded rod and tack weld it to the bolt head.
Slide a pice of pipe over it all the way to the frame. Get a big washer that will go on the threaded rod and stop when it gets to the pipe. Get a nut that fits the threaded rod and just tighten down on it till it pulls the pivot bolt out. Kinda like a backword press.

Give me a call big dawg.

insaneracin2003
01-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by mxmike17
Whats up Paul!!!!!!!!!!

Get you a peace of threaded rod and tack weld it to the bolt head.
Slide a pice of pipe over it all the way to the frame. Get a big washer that will go on the threaded rod and stop when it gets to the pipe. Get a nut that fits the threaded rod and just tighten down on it till it pulls the pivot bolt out. Kinda like a backword press.

Give me a call big dawg.
holy chit,Paul with a welding machine :huh ,are you sure i would wanna do that?lol.......that is a dayem good idea,i was lookind at grainger.com to find some kind of puller or sumthin but with no luck.......ill bring home my welding machine tonight,ill call ya tonight.btw....whats uuuupppppppppppp???????? stranger