PDA

View Full Version : Everything about a 250ex

tiger250ex
01-20-2005, 07:44 AM
i want to no everything about a 250ex that someone has either heard about in a magazine. Dont get the specs off of Honda.com I want to see wat other ppl no about it that i dont no. And i'll tell u wat I no. and I also want to no some of the minor stuff too. Like for example the headlight is 35 watts high and low beam.

big_poppa49
01-20-2005, 08:25 AM
I have a 250ex as well.....hmmmmm,

headlights are not interchangeable to the higher watt hyper white bulbs, trust me, done tried

does NOT have an oil filter so when you change the oil don't even bother with looking for one. We figured this out when we done ours. I guess this could be a plus due to less maint.

you can bury them in water, mud or what ever as long as you keep it running. So its pretty much the same thing as the recon.

sharp turning radius, seems like it turns on a dime

you can mod it up like with nerf bars, front bumper, suspension

You can jump it, just not real high

wheelies easy

thats pretty much all I can think of...:confused:

wilkin250r
01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Significantly cheaper than the 300EX. Also, significantly LESS potential for mods and upgrades than the 300EX.

Sportrax10
01-20-2005, 10:51 AM
If you want to know everything about the 250ex... Do a search because theres plenty of information about them on this site..

Good luck.. :)

Cody_300ex
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
VERY SLOW;)

quadracer511
01-20-2005, 01:07 PM
there is to an oil filter i had one in mine

01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Needs a chain drive or possible a hayabusa engine to make it worthy of a thread...

bulkdriverlp
01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
rear shock seems to be longer than the 300 to give it a good ride hieght in back. pretty much same frame as the recon. ive compared them side by side, very similar. same motor, maybe little zippier than recon, not much im sure, shaft drive,auto clutch, all of the shocks are preload adjust only.:(

JR3
01-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
rear shock seems to be longer than the 300 to give it a good ride hieght in back. pretty much same frame as the recon. ive compared them side by side, very similar. same motor, maybe little zippier than recon, not much im sure, shaft drive,auto clutch, all of the shocks are preload adjust only.:(

The front shocks are not adjustable. there is no oil filter there is a sreen in the engine and basically what every one else listed. I had 1 for a year and a half beat it to death bent frame snapped subframe off never gave me any problems at all.

Honda400exrox
01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
This topics great bucause im looking for 250ex also. Do you need to change the oil screens in the 250ex's? and are they a really reliable quad?

Sportrax10
01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
This topics great bucause im looking for 250ex also. Do you need to change the oil screens in the 250ex's? and are they a really reliable quad?

Dont quote me.. but I dont think you have to change the oil screens...

I would say there a reliable quad...

JR3
01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Like i said I rode I ride one for a year and a half and i beat it to death but gave me no problems no engine malfuctions nothing breaking none of that bullet proof trail bike.

brian-250
01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
all i know is you can ride the holy out of 'em and they wont give you a bit of trouble, with the right matinecne and whatnots.:D

i had a recon for 2 years, rode it to death, races, took it to max in the woods, bent wheels, blew tires, bent the racks a few times, hit trees, hit people that wouldent get out my way, ext, ext, ext.:blah:

Cody_300ex
01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
all i know is you can ride the holy out of 'em and they wont give you a bit of trouble, with the right matinecne and whatnots.:D

i had a recon for 2 years, rode it to death, races, took it to max in the woods, bent wheels, blew tires, bent the racks a few times, hit trees, hit people that wouldent get out my way, ext, ext, ext.:blah:

Yet he was still slow as hell.:o

tiger250ex
01-20-2005, 06:26 PM
is the tail light on the 250ex lead?

four50r_rider
01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
i used to have a 250 ex and i raced a blaster and i beat it :cool:

big_poppa49
01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by tiger250ex
is the tail light on the 250ex lead?

No it dont have lead in it, if thats what your asking....?:confused:

Anyway, yes its a very reliable bike. As apposed to the Recon being the same thing, mine is a 00' (my recon) and I have had it buried in mud up to the fenders. I got stalled in a risen creek one time b/c I didn't realize how deep it was until I went off in it and it cut off under water with water flowing over the racks and believe it or not it crunk up under water while I was off of it threw it in reverse and backed it out. Ran fine after that. It has been ridden pretty hard and has not gave me one lick of trouble. So far we only replaced things like wheel bearings, brakes, etc. But thats on any quad....

btw, it has NO OIL FILTER!!! trust me....:D