View Full Version : ok up to 2500 to spend

CstMCgR
01-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I am going to be doing some major adjustments to my 400 this month..need some advice though. I have the motor mods already in route....I am doing a 416 11-1 piston, stage 1 hotcam, HMF full exhaust, and jetting the carb. Then I am going to go with AC ProPegs nerfbars, ITP Baja wheels Pro Armour front bumper. WHere I need help is suspension. This quad is a trails bike. I want a wider stance but dont know if +2 A arms are too wide for a trails quad. I need some advice with that.... Second do I leave the rear stock width or go wider there? I am going to go with a set of Elka triples without rezzies. What do you people think?? on the suspension.....and also one other question about A arms is what brand to use...

gump
01-19-2005, 10:17 PM
if your going to be riding trails go +1 on the a arms and get 4+1 offset wheels, you don't want to be wide on the trails, you'll hit every tree out there.. i got burgard a arms and there doing great. if you got the money get the rezzies.. send your rear shock to derisi and get it rebuilt and your good to go.. to forget the steering damper too

Rootar
01-20-2005, 07:13 AM
you could leave your stock arms on there and get elkas w/ rezys and ssd your 400 will sit lower but still have good travel and if you go it get the elka rear with linkage or the gtthunderlinkage im pretty sure you can run a rebuilt stock rear with the gt link and get teh same travel as the elka

cdalejef
01-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
you could leave your stock arms on there and get elkas w/ rezys and ssd your 400 will sit lower but still have good travel and if you go it get the elka rear with linkage or the gtthunderlinkage im pretty sure you can run a rebuilt stock rear with the gt link and get teh same travel as the elka I agree, you don't need arms for trail riding. Go ahead and spend that money on the shocks.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-20-2005, 03:25 PM
I had +2 arms on my 400 when I raced mx but we switch to harescrambles and a few gncc and now I run +1 arms with 4+1 rims and the rear is close to stock width. The +2 arms were fine for our local trails but would not even think about it in any harescrambles.. those trees tend to hurt :ermm: The suspension will help out alot I started with the elka economies and a rear conversion, now I have the compression adj triple rate and rear conversion have had good luck with both. OH and if you don't have one yet I would suggest a steering stabilizer.

beak7707
01-20-2005, 05:59 PM
If you are trail riding I would go no wider than +1's. But I agree with everybody else might as well keep the stockers and get the best shocks you can. You will be happier with top of the line shocks over, cheaper shocks and a-arms. I would highly recommend the GT thunder rear setup to go with your new front shocks. Mine was $250 for my 450r, I would say its the best $250 i've ever spent. $250 for a suspension setup that actually works is a flat out steal.

Chanman420q
01-20-2005, 07:36 PM
id invest the money into stocks

my dad bought a penny stock, actually 3 stocks for 1 penny, and it rose up too 9 bucks a share:devil:

if u did that, 7500 stocks at 9 bucks, theres 67000 dollars. Then build your quad with that:devil:

lol that was really random

440exnacsracer
01-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q

lol that was really random

:p

CstMCgR
01-22-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanks for all the info. I will be spending a little more money and doing both the bad *** shocks and the +1 on the Aarms...Thanks again for all info.:devil:

CstMCgR
01-22-2005, 05:23 AM
anyways what is get elkas w/ rezys and ssd

Cody_300ex
01-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Put half in the bank and spend the rest.

Dave400ex
01-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Get Houser LT +.5 arms with Elka Quadrate/SSD Comp. and Rebound adjust shocks. Then 4+1 wheels...

gibson400ex
01-24-2005, 07:10 AM
id invest my money into shocks before i would invest my money into a-arms