Fred
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
what do you think

Fred
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
lets try again

Fred
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
top veiw i dont have the shock mount on them yet.
my uppers are only half done.

JTRtrx250r
01-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Are you making them? I saw a guy w/ hm +3's at the arenacross, they looked kinda crude but were holding up to the track, Im thinking I'd be slightly iffy unless I knew they were proven, but thats just me;) :D

Fred
01-20-2005, 08:09 AM
This is my second set . they should hold up pretty good. the part that holds the ball join is 1/4 inch thick

dirtmomma
01-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I like mine :D:D:D they are +3's also & have held up WAY better than stock, have taken some HARD hits on the track & done damage to others thouh :devil: :macho

dirtmomma
01-20-2005, 08:19 AM
The uppers are ALL newly made but the bottoms are partial stockers ;) the guy that did them is awesome he builds buggies/sandrails for racers in Az

Fred
01-20-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah cool thats how i did my first set last season and in my first race ever i hit a guy on a yfz who spun out in front off me.
All i broke was a tie rod. on his i bent broke both arms and bent his shock.
luckly no one was injured and the guy was rather nice about it.
the only down side to those arms is that you can not replace the balljoints.

dirtmomma
01-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah the ball joint thing is true but we are working on that :) think we are going to have him fix that issue. As for tie rods, mine are DOUBLE stregnth LOL, he took the stockers & cut them in 1/2 then added tubing in between & over the top of the old ones, they are HUGE LOL don't know if you can see them in the pic or not!

Yea I took our a Banshee last season went right up onto her left side just about right in her lap :eek: busted up her a arm ect good, then she's yelling AT ME to get my quad off of hers like I WANTEDD to be there(she's the one that spun out in front of me) LOL, broke her wedding ring too from driving up her hand :( ooppss thats why I don't wear jewlery racing :huh

JTRtrx250r
01-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Yeah the ball joint thing is true but we are working on that :) think we are going to have him fix that issue. As for tie rods, mine are DOUBLE stregnth LOL, he took the stockers & cut them in 1/2 then added tubing in between & over the top of the old ones, they are HUGE LOL don't know if you can see them in the pic or not!

Yea I took our a Banshee last season went right up onto her left side just about right in her lap :eek: busted up her a arm ect good, then she's yelling AT ME to get my quad off of hers like I WANTEDD to be there(she's the one that spun out in front of me) LOL, broke her wedding ring too from driving up her hand :( ooppss thats why I don't wear jewlery racing :huh the last time I saw Katie D race ..she bit it off a table and her ring broke in 3 places and was imbedded in her finger:eek2: she dug it out, slammed a bandaid on it and was back out for the next moto:macho :macho :D Those dont look bad at all Kym, he did a good job on them, ;) :cool:

Fred...I kinda like that design of the bottems, do you catch decent air w/ them? I gotta say Im impressed.. but also curious..

Fred
01-20-2005, 03:12 PM
no i havent yet there not finished and theres a little to much snow my way to try them out.but theres a few nice doubles they will get tested on.

beak7707
01-20-2005, 05:46 PM
dirtmamma how are those stock shocks with those arms??

dirtmomma
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
dirtmamma how are those stock shocks with those arms??

LOL I knew someone would ask that ;) actually for flattrack they are fine & for what I do BUT I would like to have some aftermarket ones but THAT'LL BE THE DAY :rolleyes: I do have a set of 400 stockers w/ some 400 arms I might try the shocks on it here soon, my friendly welder has returned from Az :D
I also may just take them off for the trails & just go w/ the 400 front end, yeah yeah yeah I know thats a bad idea TOO!! But it sucks on the trails trying to squeeze thru trees :o

Thanks JTRtrx ;) I thought he did a nice job when I first got them on people just had a fit about them being homeade yada yada but they are holding up GREAT & OUCH on the ring(Kate) :( dang see thats why i don't wear them ever pretty much!