PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate kid needs our help....

Spike99
01-19-2005, 08:13 PM

On another forum, I came across a post that touched my heart. The author of the posts gave his blessing for me to help him out.

For more details, read below:

-----------------

I am looking for some used parts : pipe , clutch mods , kill switch , wheels and tires for an Eton. My best friends house burned to the ground about a week before Christmas. His attatched garage also burned , which housed his 8 year old sons Eton Viper and all of his riding gear. They lost everything. Nate (my friend's son) was going to start racing this spring. He has been riding since he was 4, and loves it more than anything in the world. The Brake family (LT80 special) was kind enough to donate some of their old riding gear and I cannot thank them enough. They are great people for what they are doing for these kids. My wife and I will be buying Nate a new Eton as soon as we get our tax returns. Now I am looking for some used parts to make the new bike we plan on buying him competative at the local level. Anyone who has some used parts lying around, and would like to make a little boys dreams come true, please contact me.I would go ahead and buy new parts but the bike itself is pretty much going to tap out our tax return. They are great people who have just been through a tremendous loss. Anything you guys can come up with at a decent price would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks!

-----------------

Yes, luckily they did have insurance , but believe me Nates quad is the last thing on their minds. No he doesnt have any previous race stats, as this spring was to be his first shot at racing. He was extremely hyped up about getting a chance to race . I also have a 9 year old son who rides and they are great friends. I built them a practice track on my property about a year and a half ago and they were both coming along very well. Nate had decorated his room with MX pictures and even got dressed up in all of his gear one day at school for show and tell. He thinks racing this year is now out of the question but I HAVE NEWS FOR HIM!!!!!

-----------------

If wondering, the following pictures of this young rider was taken a few months ago: http://community.webshots.com/album/254937867ybaeTV

If you or know anyone who can help this kid, please contact James at hillbilly686@bellsouth.net

Both of us wish to thank you in advance....

AtvMxRider
01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
You have a pm

lethalthreat
01-23-2005, 08:41 PM
You have a PM and an e-mail

AtvMxRider
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Pics sent. Let me know ok.

lethalthreat
01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
PM'd you