PDA

View Full Version : Dr.d Exaust.

flyin_high
01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
anyone know anything about this dr.d exaust slip on??? i seen it at www.gopartsdirect.com and was wondering if anyone has got one. ive always had bike that have ben quite loud and now i got the black 2005 450r and was wondering the dr.d exaust if it was loud, or loud and gave it a little more snap... could somebody help me out????

01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
I have heard that it is loud but not too loud...i also heard it sounds very well and gives good all around power...i plan on buying a used one of these around easter

dirtmomma
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
The YFZ450 that my son races had a Dr D pipe & it's a really nice sound loud but not too bad like Mixmaster said :) As for adding power well it seems to have but I only rode a stock one once? He thinks it's a good pipe(the owner) in fact he just sold one to oneofo our riding buddies for his 450 so it must be decent :D

flyin_high
01-19-2005, 08:20 PM
yah i like the look of the pipe tho, it should look ok on a black bike. will the bike run with the pipe on and no carb jetting or will ya hafta jet the carb too before ya put the pipe on???

dirtmomma
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Yea I'm sure you will hve to rejet :)

01-19-2005, 09:01 PM
if you dont want any power gains and you want some engine damage then dont rejet...if you want to see power gains and not have your engine blow than rejet it

baja_racer
01-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I use the Dubach slip on exhaust with no required jetting......why will I have motor problems??

Jaydawggy
01-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by baja_racer
I use the Dubach slip on exhaust with no required jetting......why will I have motor problems??

Because you will likely run leaner and considering that the Honda comes from the factory VERY lean, you could damage your engine. rich mixtures resist detonation while lean mixtures do not. I doubt you would lean things out TOO much if you haven't modded the intake tract at all but if you have removed or cut the airbox lid, you are definitely running lean if you still have the stock jetting in place. If you have spent the money for the pipe and still have the intake closed off, why don't you open up the air box, say with the HRC kit, jet up and really reap the benefits of a better breathing machine?

Jaydawggy

baja_racer
01-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info.........The dealer threw in the pipe when I purchased the bike because it did not require jetting. Someday down the road after a few other goodies I will be doing some motor, intake and drivtrain upgrades. Right now the bike kicks *** on the dunes and in the Mexican deserts.:eek2:

huffdaddy_400EX
02-24-2005, 11:58 PM
I have a Dr. D slip-on on my 400ex with the quit core insert. It gave me a very nice lowend to midrange power power increase. I didn't have to rejet either

jeepeater347
02-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Most pipes say you only need to rejet when you do air box mods

#1speedbump
02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
NO JETTING REQUIRED with the Dr.D. Plain and simple.

I bought one and have been running it for several months and my plug looks fine and the quad runs great. The exhaust is not loud just has a deep tone to it. For the money it is a good can and will meet most peoples needs.

I will be selling mine around April if anyone is interested.