PDA

View Full Version : ???What Size???

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
04-28-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm getting the new holeshot XCR's and i am stumped on what size to get! i mostly ride on MX tracks and wooded trails with a little mud! i do not race alot but, however i do plan on racing a little bit this year! i'll take any suggestions on which tire size to get and also if you think there is a better holeshot fo me to use for the type of riding i do let me know! THANX.

chris

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
04-28-2002, 03:09 PM
BUMP

come on u guys i know some of you know alot about atv's and i really need ur opinions!!!!

chris

04-28-2002, 03:57 PM
I'd get the 22's becaseu they are good for riding in the woods pits all that kinda stuff were u need ground clearence. Also when you do that sprocket it down one tooth in the front. Then when you go to race if you want more bottem end buy another sprocket w/ one less tooth./ Thats just my .02 though

Tommy 17
04-28-2002, 04:19 PM
don't get 22 and i think the xcr only comes in 20... the 20s will be perfectly fine for u...

DiceMan400
04-28-2002, 04:34 PM
20 in the rear and 22 upfront........ 20 will be fine in the trails, pits, and MX track......

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
04-28-2002, 08:23 PM
are the xcr's good for MX tracks though? because i am going to start racing a little this year and i want a mx tire that can also be used for trail riding!

will the 20 inch rears go good with the stock fronts?? also what does the last number of the tire size stand for?? EXAMPLE: 20x11x8 <------ what does this last number stand for??

Ex'r Marlin
04-28-2002, 09:34 PM
What rear tires do the 400ex that you are about to get have? If they still have the stock ones, I recomend riding with them for a while.

If the tires need replacing, and you like the diameter of the stockers, I would recomend the Holeshot XCR's. They should work great for MX too.

I would also keep your stockers until you have problems with them, meaning flats or getting bald.

The number 8 you were referencing means the diameter of the rim. 20x11x8.

Note: Your stock rear rims are 9" rims, so you would want to get 20x11x9 rear tires.

Good luck with your 400ex purchase!!

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
04-29-2002, 06:31 PM
thanx for the help man. and i already have the EX i just haven't changed my sig!!! the reason i want some new tires is because everyone i talk to says that is the 1st and one of the best mods you can make! i'm gonna be racing MX and Harescrambles this year but i also be riding pretty mudy trails!! so i'm thinking about the maxxis razr's! does that sound like a better choice than the holeshot xcr's? i don't know n e one with razr's so i don't have an opinion on them! does n e one here run razr's?? if so how do they perform?? THANX

chris