PDA

View Full Version : Problem...

Sportrax10
01-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I put gas in my quad and it wouldnt run... I didnt know why but the gas I had in it looked bad. Me and my friend tried to light it on fire... It wasnt flammable...

So I drained it out of the tank, and carb.. I put some good gas in and now when it starts it smokes like hell... Could that be the bad gas burning out.. or did it mess up my motor? :mad:

Im thinking the gas was watered down.. but wouldnt it still burn even if it was?:huh

Please help...

Sportrax10
01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
IT WAS DEISEL!!!

Last time ill have my sister get me gas... :o

Whats this gonna do to my motor...? :confused: :(

dunebuggie66
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
didn't you notice the odd smell when you dumped it in? you ought to take you sis down to the gastation and teach her the diff. between unleaded, and diesel!

beak7707
01-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Even if it was diesel it should have still burnt. It should hart your quad any. I would think once it gets it through its system it should be ok.

01-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I heard diesel in a unleaded motor is BAD...forgot who I heard it from but my friend put a full tank of kerosene in his diesel truck and didnt know untill it finished and he had to pump it all out. it was HILARIOUS!

Sportrax10
01-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
Even if it was diesel it should have still burnt. It should hart your quad any. I would think once it gets it through its system it should be ok.

Yea, thats what my dad said...

I dont know why I didnt notice the smell differance.. I guess I just wasnt thinking...

Thanks for the serious replys... :macho

beak7707
01-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Its defently not good for them, but if hes drained it all, he should be ok. The kerosene in a diesel truck shouldnt have mattered, kerosene is just high grade diesel. Thats why space heater and stuff can be ran off of diesel if you can stand the smell.

01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
Its defently not good for them, but if hes drained it all, he should be ok. The kerosene in a diesel truck shouldnt have mattered, kerosene is just high grade diesel. Thats why space heater and stuff can be ran off of diesel if you can stand the smell. that was alot of money too he drained back out of the tank and into jugs he eventually did something unlawful with

btlblwnracer
01-19-2005, 02:44 PM
the only problem with diesel is it's not really flammable , thats why diesel can run high comp. and a ton of boost , so i would drain the tank and the carb , you'll probally be ok , and as far as k1 in a diesel...its BAD , there are no lubracants in k1 , so it is very hard on the fuel pump/injectors ect. , he is lucky he did'nt burn it up (also causes high egt ) but on the up side it should of went like hell , k1 is like crack to a diesel.

Sportrax10
01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I drained it all out of the tank and the carb, filled it up with good gas... Now its running perfect.. Thanks guys... :D