PDA

View Full Version : snow day!

gratzracing24
01-19-2005, 10:15 AM
No school :D got like 3-4 inches prob im taking the bike out later and goin sled riding with a bunch of friends after that....this should be a good day

dunnonuttin
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
it snowed here too, but not enough to get us out for the day. but it didnt stop me from taking the gator at work out for a little spin:D ...........................till the tire popped:(

01-19-2005, 02:39 PM
WHY WONT IT EVER SNOW HERE!!! makes me so mad cause when it does its always friday night & melts by sunday afternoon just intime for school

Mxjunkie
01-19-2005, 02:41 PM
snowed here in pa :devil:

Mxjunkie
01-19-2005, 02:41 PM
too lazy to shovel it

Alberta_Qaudin
01-19-2005, 03:15 PM
WTF 3-4 inches of snow if just a light flurry here, school doesnt get cancelled unless there like 8in-1 foot, i wish to god they'da cancell work here even once for snow or freezing rain but that'll never happen

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 03:17 PM
We got dumped on with about a foot of snow lastnight .... kids still ahd school today . I can't believe they cancel class for you kids cuz of 3-4 inches of snow . :huh

JR3
01-19-2005, 03:19 PM
haha yea greg here in nj its snowin right now if theres no school tomorrow im gonna practice my breakslide 360s

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JR3
haha yea greg here in nj its snowin right now if theres no school tomorrow im gonna practice my breakslide 360s Man you don't know how many times I walked to school in knee deep snow and with the wind it was about -40 Celcius . I swear to god I hated living within a mille of the school ... they made you walk . :grr:

Full throttle 360s on snow are alot more fun that brakeslides . :D

JR3
01-19-2005, 03:28 PM
yea and let me guess it was up hill both ways lol and yea i dunno ill prolly get some pics but i dunno might jus be a delayed opening and if u get that much snow up there do the school buses jus have plows on them lol

Alberta_Qaudin
01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
actually -40 isnt much of a strech at all the other day here in alberta we had wind chills of -49 degree's C, but no school cancelations, and we probably have 3-4 inches on the ground every morning untill it all gets packed down

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JR3
yea and let me guess it was up hill both ways lol and yea i dunno ill prolly get some pics but i dunno might jus be a delayed opening and if u get that much snow up there do the school buses jus have plows on them lol

It's a damn good thing it wasn't up hill ;) or else I'd have stayed home .

No plows on the buses , but try getting on a school bus when its -30 Celcius outside ... and it feels about -45 inside the bus ... seats are hard as rock ... windows are frosted to hell ... and you're on the bus for 35 minutes to get to class ( when I was in highschool) There's been many times where we have gotten stuck with the bus though . Stop to pick up kids ... go to take off and it just spins . Call up the tow truck or bring in another bus to get you to school ..... I swear they don't give up around here . If the kids ever have a snow day , it's not cuz the schools are closed ... it's because the bus companies refuse to take the kids to class ( usually with freezing rain only)

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
actually -40 isnt much of a strech at all the other day here in alberta we had wind chills of -49 degree's C, but no school cancelations, and we probably have 3-4 inches on the ground every morning untill it all gets packed down

HAHA you guys are getting a wikked cold snap ... I seen that on the news the other day . Whitehorse had like -45 with 70 KM/H wind gusts ... dropped the temps to like -60 or so . BRRRRR!!!!!

Alberta_Qaudin
01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
yea we just came out of it, back up to the -4to -10 now, bout -20 at night not too bad, but we're expecting another really bad cold snap next week i think time to plug in the old truck again

Alberta_Qaudin
01-19-2005, 03:48 PM
aint easy gettin the old 400 to fire up sittin in a garage thats -30

gratzracing24
01-19-2005, 04:04 PM
it like never snows here and if it does its not much...like last week it was in the high 60s and tues it was 2 we had a delay that day and 2day we got off but alot of people have to travel on back roads and salt trucks never get them so when it snows we usually have a delay or cancellation