PDA

View Full Version : Frame guards?

Tantal
01-19-2005, 08:26 AM
What are my options here? Any links would be great.

Duncan313
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
My solution for frame guards and a arm guards has zero bling factor but nearly zero cost factor. I purhcased a black office sized trash can from the local home supply store with "lowe" (hint)prices for about 2 bucks. I used tin snips to cut the plastic and tie wraps to attach it. I just looked at how my boots were wearing on the frame and cut a slot in the material to allow the guard to slide behind the foot peg and cut the rest to match the contour of the frame. I utilized a couple of existing mounting holes to bolt the guard on and used a couple of tie wraps for the other. I made them long enough to tuck under the stock plastic at the top. This has worked great and has survived several XC races. So no bling but easy to replace and cheap to boot.

jbplayfz450
01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I got the Worcs frame guards from Rocky Mtn. They were easy to install, they look better, and they were something like $65. GYTR also make guards, I'm not sure if they are better, but they're more $.
www.rockymountainatv.com

5valves
01-19-2005, 06:08 PM
The GYTR's cover a greater area. I would go that way If I had to do it again

5valves
01-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Duncan313
My solution for frame guards and a arm guards has zero bling factor but nearly zero cost factor. I purhcased a black office sized trash can from the local home supply store with "lowe" (hint)prices for about 2 bucks. I used tin snips to cut the plastic and tie wraps to attach it. I just looked at how my boots were wearing on the frame and cut a slot in the material to allow the guard to slide behind the foot peg and cut the rest to match the contour of the frame. I utilized a couple of existing mounting holes to bolt the guard on and used a couple of tie wraps for the other. I made them long enough to tuck under the stock plastic at the top. This has worked great and has survived several XC races. So no bling but easy to replace and cheap to boot.

Thats a great Idea, I have palstic ones on my yz250f, with no complaints.
You could also use a heat gun to make the plastic fit better.

Tantal
01-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the input, guys. Gives me a few different options.