PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler

Wheelie
09-05-2001, 07:49 PM
I've brought this up once before.....does anyone know of a larger Oil Cooler for an EX? I think it would have better cooling properties than a larger tank. Maybe I will have to engineer one myself....

It would be a hot seller if an aftermarket company decides to make one.

any thoughts.....?

09-05-2001, 08:35 PM
i believe pingry makes one i think it holds like 4qts of oil..i could be wrong..i remember seeing it on www.400ex.com

you do want it for a 400 right?

let me know if i can be of any further assistance

NVR2L8
09-05-2001, 08:45 PM
The Pingry oil tank increases the oil capacity by one quart, so that raises the total oil quantity to 3 quarts. Also, since the oil plays a large a part, if not most, of the cooling of the 400EX motor, you will have slightly lower operating temps. I believe Pingry claims an overall temp drop of around 12 degrees. Not a whole lot for $275 bucks in my opinion.

There is a guy on the Yahoo 400EX group that has posted there as well as ATV Connection, who is making an aftermarket "oil cooler" for the 400EX. From what I understand he has connections to a company that makes custom aftermarket radiators and coolers, and the prototype will add 3-4 more vanes than the stock cooler, as well as be a clean "bolt-on" mod and not something that is crudely adapted to work on the 400EX. BTW, the last I heard from him the prototype is almost finished...no idea of what he will charge for the finished version.