PDA

View Full Version : WORCS vs. GNCC

JohnO
01-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on how that would be? Have a race at the end of the year like the east-west 125 supercross shootout.
Just to see who's the fastest woods warrior out there.

Johnson
01-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I think that GNCC would easly win but I don't know much about Worcs.

400grl
01-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I think that would be awesome........might get more people involved in the WORCS series, too - would have to be somewhere in the middle of the country, though! :) You know, to save drive time for each side! :)

And there are some fast riders on the West Coast that just don't get the publicity the GNCC riders get.....I think it would be a good race! :)

UbeenSmoked
01-19-2005, 10:19 AM
theres already somthing like that in progress for the IATVHSS. dont have any other word on it right now andy is still setting it up, but top 10 out of every class will race in a Heartland race here in Iowa so everyone around the states will competeting for braging right, GNCC, IATVHSS, Etc.

JohnO
01-19-2005, 08:32 PM
That's cool! I didn't know it was in the works. I used to live up by the Quad cities years back. Have you heard what town it is going to be in? If I was guessing I'd say FT. Dodge since they have a good setup there. I know that one year the WORCS folks came to Morrisson IL for an event but I couldn't make it up there for it. I'd like to know about when it will be. I know the WORCs guys are fast but I've seen up close and personal at the GNCC's how fast those guys are. Yokley and Borich came around me at one of them and within 10 seconds you couldn't even hear their exhaust.

AndreS
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
here's my reasoning that the GNCC/eastern guys would win in most classes:
-the guys running GNCC have been doing it a lot longer than the ones running the WORCS have.
-secondly, isn't GNCC a 2-hour timed race at all events? WORCS classes run 1 hour, except kids classes & the pro/pro-am main on sunday which is 2-hours.
- worcs courses are generally more open terrain, like desert, GNCC is actual woods terrain, and generally much tighter trails.

400grl
01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
I agree with you on that........I'm sure the GNCC guys would do better overall - especially if the race was in the woods - to make it fair they should do one in the desert and one in the woods......lol! :) ;) But give WORCS a few more years and the talent will start coming out of the woodwork! :)

quadjeff
01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
You have a point... No one can beat Doug Echiner in the desert. But Ballance is really good in the trees. I have a friend who attened two GNCC and he said the top 5 pros here could get in the top 5 at the GNCC... We will see I am flying backing and riding 6 events this year.. Starting with the carolinas... Either way it will be a blast even if I take last...

Admin
01-20-2005, 02:25 PM
If everything goes as planned, I should be racing at the WORCS race this weekend in Arizona, and I will compare it against racing a GNCC Event.

Wish me luck :D

Flynbryan19
01-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Cool, let us know what you think Harlen. ;)

markk
01-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I GNCC us usally alot more wide open then say just a normal old H.S. I would like to see the outcome. It takes alot to hang-it-out when your not real sure what is ahead of u.

Good luck Harlen!

ILGNCC400EX
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Admin
If everything goes as planned, I should be racing at the WORCS race this weekend in Arizona, and I will compare it against racing a GNCC Event.

Wish me luck :D ya good luck.i have rode out west all i can say is rocks an woops.the woops are worse than trees

400grl
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Nope....it's the cactus you REALLY want to watch out for.....no fun picking that stuff out of you!!! :)

AndreS
01-20-2005, 04:35 PM
i can only imagine taking a hit from a cactus at 60+ mph... ouch!
good luck to everyone going! I wish I could make it.

JohnO
01-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Definately let us know what you think. I still wonder though if setting up a race could be possible. You'd have to find a location like 400grl said ,somewhere in the heartland, then pick a date that coincides with the schedules. I know the Ironman is in OCT but when is the last WORKS race? If someone knew someone, that knew someone, that knew someone, I think it could be pulled off. Everyone, Lets do what we do best and start talking to people about it. Who knows, I've always been told...."Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right"

AndreS
01-20-2005, 11:49 PM
the WORCS race series is spread out over most of the year with a short break during the summer...
WORCS round #8 is November 4-6 in .Decatur, TX (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=decatur&state=tx&zipcode=) northwest of Fort Worth

GNCC round #1 is February 12-13 in Gilmer, TX (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=gilmer&state=tx&zipcode=) due east of the Dallas area.

the problem in having such a race is the differences in classes and rules between the two series.

Bart
01-21-2005, 10:22 AM
I thought that the 12Hrs of ATV America was supposed to settle which coast had the best racers? :D

Central location (Iowa). Track incorporates all 3 forms of racing. The eastern racers have done well there thus far...

quadjeff
01-21-2005, 12:11 PM
I do not think any from the west showed up to the 12 hrs... The best thing of WORCS is the payout.. 100% plus $1,000 for first and so on. GNCC is kind of cheap..... But we all love if for the fun.. Money is great but it is all about the riding. The GNCC is getting more wide open? That is cool.. Some speeds at the BITID parker 250 was around 75 MPH and average was close to 53mph.. You can just hang on thru the 2 foot whoops at 60mph it is killer....

400grl
01-21-2005, 02:44 PM
For the WORCS races this year, the Stock A class winner of the series gets a brand new YFZ with all the goodies on it, too - one reason I'm thinking of running stock B......I am guessing there will be ALOT of sandbaggers in the Stock A class!! ;)

AndreS
01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
a polaris shop in Albequerque, NM donated a predator for the production A class prize too.

sandbaggers in A class.... is it possible?

C class has an occasional sandbagger, but the transponder(computer) scoring helps weed them out by tracking exact lap times. if a rider signs up for a class and is obviously sandbagging, the rider can be disqualified by an official, or bumped up a class...
i watched it happen at all three events i attended last year.

markk
01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I just heard that Harlen won the WORCs race!!!! mabey GNCC guys are quicker???? LOL

Zhvonte
01-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by markk
I just heard that Harlen won the WORCs race!!!! mabey GNCC guys are quicker???? LOL

I respect that the GNCC riders, for the most part, would be faster than many of those on the west coast. However, you have to realize he did only race the vet class, and not the open nor production class. Nor did he race the pro class either day. I am not downfalling how good of a rider he is, damn good rider he is, however keep things in perpective, the fastest riders in WORCS are not racing vet A.

Zhvonte
01-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I also wanted to include I know harlen is writing an article to compared racing in the desert (not true desert racing, but just desert GP) versus racing in the woods.... I would like to know if you guys would want to hear the opinion of someone who race desert and do one GNCC race? I think it would be awesome to have opinions from both sides of experience. Most people in life never get to experience both side of the country in racing, as its entirely different world.....

QuadJunkies
01-23-2005, 11:33 PM
I heard aLOT of fast riders shown up for the AZ round this year.... :macho

markk
01-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
I also wanted to include I know harlen is writing an article to compared racing in the desert (not true desert racing, but just desert GP) versus racing in the woods.... I would like to know if you guys would want to hear the opinion of someone who race desert and do one GNCC race? I think it would be awesome to have opinions from both sides of experience. Most people in life never get to experience both side of the country in racing, as its entirely different world.....

I think that would be cool, If one of the top 3 Desert Riders raced a GNCC in pro class, and one of the top 3 GNCC guys run in a desert race in the PRO clas, (im not sure what classes u actully have) But that is a good idea! IM not saying that one is better than the other, Because i respect everyone who races, or stands behind anything that has to to with the atv sport!

MEL
01-24-2005, 05:47 PM
i beleive william yokley has raced a few desert events. can't remember how he did though. anybody else remember?

jdwxv3
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I'd say both east and west have some guys that are fast. I would have to say the GNCC would edge out the WORCS guys. I am sure some of the WORCS guys could get some great finishes but Ballace, Borich, Yokely, And Smiley are really really good riders. Just my 2cents but I dont know much about the WORCS series in all honesty. It would be cool to watch the nations best riders go head to head though!

WORCSYFZ199
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I think It would depend on the track, because these WORCS guys are crazy fast too. Actually a couple months ago Doug Eichner (#1 WORCS Pro) beat Bill Ballance (#1 GNCC Pro) in the Lake Elsinore Grand Prix. I know Bill is good at motocross and woods and Doug is good in the desert and motocross, so it would be an interesting race to say the least.

Admin
01-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
I think It would depend on the track, because these WORCS guys are crazy fast too. Actually a couple months ago Doug Eichner (#1 WORCS Pro) beat Bill Ballance (#1 GNCC Pro) in the Lake Elsinore Grand Prix. I know Bill is good at motocross and woods and Doug is good in the desert and motocross, so it would be an interesting race to say the least.

Not taking anything away from Doug, but Ballance did loose his rear brakes half way through the race, which was critical for the high speed cornering.

I watched Doug closely this weekend and he is extremely smooth and always on the gas. I could tell when him and Josh were coming anyone else on the track.

My computer is acting up, but I will have complete race report up hopefully tomorrow.

WORCSYFZ199
01-24-2005, 09:56 PM
O I didn't know about Bill losing his brakes in that race, All I know is both of them are fast. I can't wait till that WORCS coverage is up.

quadjeff
01-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Doug is 40 years old. Ballance is in his late 20's.... It would be a great race no matter what. Age brings great knowledge...