PDA

View Full Version : need some help on what to take at vo tech

cool 300ex
01-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah i am not sure which one to take Auto body detailing or Auto technology/diesel mechanic which do you all think would be the best to get a job in and get payed more?

Fender Bender
01-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I would say autobody...it would be funner for me. I am taking advanced autobody after I graduate.

Mxjunkie
01-18-2005, 07:19 PM
diesel mechanics is pretty good, but autobody is too

there might be more money in diesel mechanics though

TheFontMaster
01-18-2005, 07:40 PM
I am taking auto body at my vo-tech school. I love the class, it is so much fun, and I am learning alot. I can't compare how much I would be making to the other fields you were looking at cause I don't know how much they make. But I am using this class as a stepping stone for what I really want to do, which is work on hot rods and all that custom stuff. When I graduate I hope to go to Wyo-Tech or some other one year trade school like it.

01-18-2005, 07:43 PM
i take small engine at my votech its pretty cool we get to do basicly wut ever we wut like work on our quads and stufff but its up to u pick wut ever u like more and if u dont like it they might let u change shops

Ryan
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Im attend Boces now in Goshen (Orange County). Im taking Auto Technology 1. My buddy takes Auto Body over there.

Its better not to worry about which one pays more, because they are both great paying jobs if you become a technician. Find out which one you enjoy doing more.

I don't really know anything about auto body, so I just toke Auto Tech. I like my class though. I just got done doing a quarter semester of brakes. Now im onto doing Engines. Next quarter i'll be doing steering and suspension, then i'll be in Auto Tech 2.

I like the school though. I learned alot so far.