PDA

View Full Version : Guys with Rekluse, RU using the perch adjuster?

Bartman012
01-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I just installed the Rekluse clutch kit today and was wondering if you guys who have them prefer the Rekluse ext. adjuster or not? And, once it's installed, I noticed there's alot of slack, the adjuster kind of hangs there, loosely, is that right? thanks for your help.

UK450R
01-18-2005, 01:24 AM
I prefer to use the perch adjuster – as you can still use the clutch from time to time. Although I have heard other people talking about replacing it with the external adjuster – which means you remove the clutch lever.

My reason - you can still feather the clutch in faster corners and also to prevent stalling if you very suddenly have to stop. Maybe 1 out of 50 times the rekluse is just-not-fast-enough to disengage and you will still stall – especially if you are already at low revs in tight woods for example (or with the back end up in the air slightly) and you stand on the rear break.

The adjuster/cable should be lose at idol however once the revs increase the cable should tighten. I can’t remember the exact revs at which you should start to feel resistance in the clutch lever – check out the instructions and just work you way through them, it’s all in there.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-18-2005, 07:58 PM
UK is right it is sloppy at idle butwith feel like a regular clutch at higher rpms

rowlrag
01-18-2005, 08:07 PM
I run no lever.;)

National#6
02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
You should check it at 4000 rpm, make sure you follow all of the instructions and use good oil in the tranny. I used the clutch in the rnd #1 WORCS race in speed world Az. It works fantastic, and I also have the manual override on the purch adjuster. If you race you will need it off of the start, its critical.