PDA

View Full Version : Scams on ebay

red
01-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Please be careful when listing quads on ebay right now. I had listed mine on ebay the other night and someone had bought it using the buy it now feature...well come to find out someone hacked into this guys account and bought 112 quads and motorcycles in one night. So now i was in the process of getting my fees back and I relisted it again well someone else bought it. I just found out that someone hacked into this guys account and did the same thing. So now I am out 2 listing fees and 2 final value fees which total $122. I sent ebay an email and told them I wanted my fees back. Lets see how it goes.

just a heads up and needed to vent.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Pappy
01-17-2005, 07:57 PM
GO POSTAL ON THEM RED!:eek:

400exrules
01-17-2005, 07:57 PM
ebay sucks balls......everyone might as well go back to the good ole for sale sign on the quad in the front yard deal

dpizz450
01-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ebay sucks balls......everyone might as well go back to the good ole for sale sign on the quad in the front yard deal

yeah and to many scams and what not now a days on e bay. never bought from them. prolly never will.

Butters
01-17-2005, 08:04 PM
that sucks. i would be hella pissed

DaleJrFan
01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
i use to use ebay to buy a lot of junk but over the last couple of years it has gone down hill. people want to sell more new stuff on there than used. you have to be careful what your buying too because some of the prices get crazy. you can type in "400ex" one day and get a ton of parts, the next day you can get 13. i dont check ebay anymore cause of the inconsistensy on there.

spudss
01-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Thats why I dont by on ebay.. That and I hate playing to bidding games and waiting 7 days to find out I lost.. When I could have got a better deal from someone on this site and have it in hand within 7 days..

DaleJrFan
01-17-2005, 08:27 PM
i agree ^^!

01-17-2005, 08:48 PM
i bought my 400ex from a dealership off ebay a year or 2 ago & everything went perfect...I would do it again in a minute

dpizz450
01-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i bought my 400ex from a dealership off ebay a year or 2 ago & everything went perfect...I would do it again in a minute
yeah, a year or two ago. there is twice as many scammers on there now as there was a year or two ago.

Mxjunkie
01-17-2005, 08:57 PM
i had it happen 2 times on my cr, sucks i guess ppl want my dirtbike :o

redlined94
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
ebay is alright you just gotta watch what your buyin. I have been scammed a few times but i didnt let it get to me cuz I got it turned around. The biggest scam was on a 2001 Harley Edition F-150. I got out of it real quick though. I would never buy anything over 500 bucks on there though prolly.

MY450R
01-18-2005, 06:18 AM
ive purchased and sold quite a few things on ebay and everything went extremly well but there is so much useless crap on there i hate going there anymore

CHAUNCY
01-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Red- Was one of the buyers ebay name hardin-baitman ? The same thing happened to me last week when I was selling my banshee on ebay. Let me know how it goes with getting your ebay fees back :ermm:

300ex13
01-18-2005, 01:33 PM

i agree thats a good idea. or the local paper classifieds or something like that

Andrew400ex
01-18-2005, 02:52 PM
takes time that way though..thats how i always did it. also im about the only one of my friends who never had their quad jacked cuz of that...3 quads in the last 4 days stolen in my town.

red
01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Red- Was one of the buyers ebay name hardin-baitman ? The same thing happened to me last week when I was selling my banshee on ebay. Let me know how it goes with getting your ebay fees back :ermm:

Yes the first time I had it for auction it was the hardin-baitman...I feel sorry for that guy cause he got the screw...112 bought in his name. I filed a mutual agreement to terminate and emailed ebay and let them know...hardin-baitman agreed to the termination and i already got the fee back for that sale...now i am just waiting for the second one to go thru.

TheMachine
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
My friend tried to purchase a decked out 450r for 2900. He sent the money to the guy and the bank wouldnt let the guy pick up the money because he gave my friend a fake name. He knew it was a scam that's why he got the ebay scam prevention thing. He got all his money back.

Aceman
01-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by TheMachine
My friend tried to purchase a decked out 450r for 2900.

:rolleyes: OK, does it get anymore obvious than that. All I can say is check their feedback, if they deal with quads/parts and the like then they are probably legit. But when I see "Preapproved bidders only", I don't go anywhere near those auctions. "Hmm, this person who deals in antique dolls is suddenly selling a couple of new 450r's for 2800 with free shipping. Oh look, the description is copied straight off the Honda website with no personal comments about the quad from the seller-----SCAM. Just make sure to pay through Paypal with a credit card and if an auction is too cheap it's probably a scam. It's almost like some people need someone to hold their hand when they are on the internet. Common sense goes a long way. As for buyers using stolen accounts and hitting "buy it now", I don't think there is any way around that. File a complaint, get your listing fees back, and maybe try not using a "buy it now" next time. That might generate some genuine buyers who are truly interested in buying your quad and not some idiot who can click a button and buy it instantly.

TheMachine
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Thats what i tried to tell him, but he kept saying he talked to the guy on the phone and stuff so I just said whatever man go ahead and lose 3 grand.

Taco
01-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by red
Yes the first time I had it for auction it was the hardin-baitman...I feel sorry for that guy cause he got the screw...112 bought in his name. I filed a mutual agreement to terminate and emailed ebay and let them know...hardin-baitman agreed to the termination and i already got the fee back for that sale...now i am just waiting for the second one to go thru. I'll give ya $20 fo it

Rico
01-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Taco
I'll give ya $20 fo it

Red I"ll up it to $30 for the POS

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 10:58 AM

That's the best way to do it ..... at the end of the driveway chained up to a Telephone pole . :devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p93ad3d8383591c7061cb9d0bdf2cf75c/f6accc4f.jpg

SlapNutz
01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by red
Please be careful when listing quads on ebay right now. I had listed mine on ebay the other night and someone had bought it using the buy it now feature...well come to find out someone hacked into this guys account and bought 112 quads and motorcycles in one night. So now i was in the process of getting my fees back and I relisted it again well someone else bought it. I just found out that someone hacked into this guys account and did the same thing. So now I am out 2 listing fees and 2 final value fees which total $122. I sent ebay an email and told them I wanted my fees back. Lets see how it goes.

just a heads up and needed to vent.:mad: :mad: :mad:

id gett you REdd:cuss: TACo told me

UglyMotha™
01-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
GO POSTAL ON THEM RED!:eek:

RED and POSTAL.................................. now thats funny :D

250exer
01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I've sold a couple hundred things on Ebay in the $5 to $200 range. I've had two buyers abondon their purchase, but since the posting fees were minor, it was no big deal. Other than that, no problems. But I don't ship until I have my money.

I've made 4-5 purchases (from sellers with a track record) and had no problems. Very convienient and saved money too. Just bought a mag for my Ruger P95 and saved $10 over buying new at a store. And I didn't have to drive somewhere to get it. Delivered to my mailbox.

The difference between Ebay and something in your front yard with a sign on it is easy. A few million prospective customers on Ebay versus the people that live on your block. I've even made a half dozen sales overseas.

I think Ebay is wonderful, but you DO have to be careful and it's nice to have a mentor to get you going like I did.

dunnonuttin
01-19-2005, 05:11 PM
i like seing them joke auctions of 5 million dollar pepsi bottles and the photoshopped virgin mary grilled cheese. my personal favorite is the bubble gum:huh