PDA

View Full Version : removing the choke

Dannys400ex
01-17-2005, 05:29 PM
i just removed the choke from my carb, but i dont know what to use to put over the hole, to you guys that have your choke removed what did you use to fill in the hole????

thanks

Hoverman
01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Go to autozone and pick up a 3/8 vacumm cap. and you will also need a smal l hose clamp.

cheers
Big John

sandspanker
01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
:) pick up some JB weld or a 2part epoxie that will work better than a vac capyou will want to go up on the pilot jet also to a 48;)

zlam27
01-20-2005, 10:28 PM
i removed my choke and i think i felt a VERY slight improvement in throttle response, but it really wasnt worth the hassle.

if you live in a warm climate where hard starting is never really an issue, i would say leave it out - if you dont, well you might wanna put it back in. if you want to leave it out, make sure you put a #40 or #42 pilot in there, it will make starting easier all around.

oh yea, just fill the hole with silicon (the clear tube silicon that you find in the home repair/plumbing/sealant part of the store. that way if you decide to put it back in, you just scrape it out with a knife and you are good to go.

zach

cals400ex
01-20-2005, 11:48 PM
i did this mod and didn't care for it so the choke went back in. yes, i prefer to use a vacuum cap to incase your like me and decide to put the choke back on. if you ever go to sell your carb it may be tougher to sell if you can't put the choke back on.