PDA

View Full Version : about the 450r

Ridin' Jesse
01-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I was watching ATV television today and they said that the TRX450R has not so great steering, wasnt good for trail riding at all, and that the kickstart is hard to start sometimes. I want the opinions of the 450R riders that ride MX and Trails about it. How does it start in cold weather? What problems have you had with your 450r ever? Or anything else tha would be important to me. I was planning on buying my 45oR this week, but after i heard that i wanted to double check n make sure this is the one i want.

btlblwnracer
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I love my 450r in the woods , had a predator befor and thought that was a great bike ...till I rode a buddies 450r when they first came out , pred was sold and i don't regret a thing. stearing is great , I don't have any complants , think its alot quicker than my pred was.the only thing i have broke was the rear shock , blew the shrader (sp?) valve right out of the shock :eek2: within the first week , but honda replaced the shock , only had 4 days of down time (4 working days ) , I still have my 86 R and i think i've taken it out a dozen times , since i got my 450R. the 450R is:cool: :cool: :cool: , and i'm glad I have one.

dirtriderex
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Thats funny, the trx450r was rated the best for trails out of all the catagories.

01-17-2005, 08:46 PM
ATV television is very biased

Punk'd
01-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
I was watching ATV television today and they said that the TRX450R has not so great steering, wasnt good for trail riding at all, and that the kickstart is hard to start sometimes. I want the opinions of the 450R riders that ride MX and Trails about it. How does it start in cold weather? What problems have you had with your 450r ever? Or anything else tha would be important to me. I was planning on buying my 45oR this week, but after i heard that i wanted to double check n make sure this is the one i want.

Dont believe everything you hear. How is the steering bad and not good for trail riding!? Thats all I do with mine and its even better with a 13T front sprocket. Starting.. you may think its hard but after the first day or so you are goin to be like WOW THIS IS SO EASY. I love my kickstart and would deff not trade it for electric! cold weather is not a problem. I pump the throttle couple times turn the choke on and it fires right up! I have had not one problem with it and i gaurentee(sp?) you if you buy it you will love it. The only thing I dont like sometimes is lack of reverse because im a trail rider and sometimes in mud and stuff its easyier then getting off. Jus my 2 cents;)

Any questions you can pm me bro.

Moto92
01-17-2005, 11:20 PM
ATV television is also the most retarded show Ive ever seen.
They just need to stay on their Rubicons and go find trails.

exrider44
01-18-2005, 08:56 AM
The 450r is great for the trails I ride all sorts of trails rocky sandy whatever and it handles it all like a champ. The kickstarter is so easy you can sit while kicking it over.go for it!

baja_racer
01-18-2005, 09:50 AM
The TRX450R is almost perfect right out of the box.....trail, big dunes, miles of desert in Baja.

Martin Blair
01-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I think the 450r is beter for xc harescrambles then it is for mx. It is good nice smooth power and excelent handleing. Beats the yamaha in the wood. I havent had any problems with mine at all. I went riding this weekend It was in the 20s and bike started 3rd kick. Sunday it was 12 and my friends 450r had some toruble but started proly 10-15 kicks.

01-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I think the 450r is beter for xc harescrambles then it is for mx. It is good nice smooth power and excelent handleing. Beats the yamaha in the wood. I havent had any problems with mine at all. I went riding this weekend It was in the 20s and bike started 3rd kick. Sunday it was 12 and my friends 450r had some toruble but started proly 10-15 kicks. thats why it is winning GNC races like Loretta Lynns :rolleyes:

steveatv3
01-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
thats why it is winning GNC races like Loretta Lynns :rolleyes:

the 450R is the best for backflips!:p

Tantal
01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
How's the 450R on the jumps? Also, has the 450R had any serious issues (electrical, etc., etc.)?

I have heard that for '06 Honda will add electric start to the 450R AND retain the kicker, is this true?

baja_racer
01-18-2005, 01:39 PM
My 2005 sucks up terrein like a Trophy Truck.......no electrical problems yet.

Tantal
01-18-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm tempted to sell my YFZ and get a 450R, add a few things like a full exhaust system (I'd probably go LRD), suspension, arms, swinger, axle, gearing, wheels & tires, etc.; I just want to take out the damn lights and not have to worry about my battery or some other electrical issue/s.

I don't even know what to do...

red2004 TRX450R
01-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
ATV television is also the most retarded show Ive ever seen.
They just need to stay on their Rubicons and go find trails.

They can't handle the truth! And the power of the 450r, so they bash it.

There is “REALY” nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Yamaha pays off all the media to do so!!!

My friend made fun of me for buying a 450r and he went out and got the yfz (based on the mags) and now he wants to trade. DO NOT believe the media when it comes to TRX there are paid off!!!!!
:eek2: :mad: :D :devil:

Syrus
01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

My friend made fun of me for buying a 450r and he went out and got the yfz (based on the mags) and now he wants to trade. DO NOT believe the media when it comes to TRX there are paid off!!!!!

I dont know if they're "paid off" but maybe they are who knows. But they foresure only use 1 comment and stick to it. why listen to other opinions when its you who is buying the bike, ride it yourself to get an honest opinion... thats all i can say.

btlblwnracer
01-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

you must be talking about yamawheels....errrr dirtwheels :blah:

Ridin' Jesse
01-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the input :D. Im goin to pick up the black beauty this weekend and take it out ridin! cant wait! :D :D :D