PDA

View Full Version : Stock 400ex rear shock

boystoys
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
since i cant afford 3 new elkas i want to get the best pefromance out of the stock set up that i can...

so my question is... can someone shed some light on some specs for the stock rear shock on the 04 400s and i do alot of woods riding.. wheeling over downded trees, shooting up short and long, smooth and rocky steep hills... ect ect i think you woods guys know what i am talking about...

anyhow personaly i think it i should set it alittle softer but i know zero about setting up suspensions... and i would just like some input from other woods riders....

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-17-2005, 05:06 PM
not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you do get elka fronts I would suggest doing an elka rear conversion to the stock shock this will be a lowered ride height to match the fronts along with new spring and valving for your weight and riding style.

boystoys
01-20-2005, 06:26 PM
no one knows anything about rear stock shock setup.....:huh

rneal
01-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you do get elka fronts I would suggest doing an elka rear conversion to the stock shock this will be a lowered ride height to match the fronts along with new spring and valving for your weight and riding style.

What is a ball park price for the elka rear conversion? Is it best to deal directly with elka or go through a reseller?

eagertorace
01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
send that shock to gt thunder or call them.
I have one and can't wait to try it out!

01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
I have seen WAY too many people not happy with Elka reuilds on rear 400ex shocks. a lot of trail riders and casual racers are OK with them but not too many people that are serious racers. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Elka shocks just the 400ex elka re-build. I would suggest just sending the rear shock to DeRisi racing and have him put his pro milinium rebuild in it. it's not just new spring and revalve but a whole new piston inside it that works GREAT!!!!!! Tell him what your front shocks are and how they are set up and he can match the rear to that. www.derisiracing.com