PDA

View Full Version : front shocks

boricua
01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
whats a good indication that your stock front shocks are going out on an '00 EX and need replacing? also, what is a good replacement if you mainly do recreational riding (intermediate level rider)?
i pretty much come across everything except heavy mud and sand.

cdalejef
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
They will start to feel very springy like alot of bouncing. Elka economy's are a great entry level shock.

Mike[socal]
01-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Stock front shocks on a 400ex should be replaced upon purchase of the quad. They really do suck that bad. I just put on Works front shocks and they're leaps and bounds above the stockers.

boricua
01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
they do feel a bit springy....kinda like i can force them down on some whooops or bumps and pull up and can get the front end to leave the ground, and now that i think about it, i went out yersterday realized the front wanting to leave the ground a lot unintentionally when going over medium bumps and a medium pace.....does this sound like a hint to get some new "she-ight"?

mrnate400ex
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
i highly recommend the elka economies!!! they are nice because you can upgrade them by putting rezzies on them later. i couldn't afford the higher end elkas, but later i will be able to. so this was a nice alternative for quality without emptying my wallet.

boricua
01-17-2005, 04:54 PM
are the elka economies adjustalble at all?
what are they going for and does C & D carry them?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
The elka economy shocks are preload adj, The economy shocks are a good choice for the money.

boricua
01-17-2005, 05:06 PM
im looking at their site and they dont appear to have an economy series....they do have a recreational series that sounds like what you guys are describing... is that what youre talking about?
how much are they?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
it would be the recreational series on their site

DaleJrFan
01-17-2005, 08:04 PM
sure the elkas are nice but i have rode pep,elkas,tcs,and works all on different quads. i personally own works just cause i got a real good deal on them but it is kinda hard to tell the difference on the dunes or the pastrues i ride in mostly. i guess if you are racing, elkas or ohlins would be the way to go but works are great for the money and my kind of riding.

cdalejef
01-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by boricua
they do feel a bit springy....kinda like i can force them down on some whooops or bumps and pull up and can get the front end to leave the ground, and now that i think about it, i went out yersterday realized the front wanting to leave the ground a lot unintentionally when going over medium bumps and a medium pace.....does this sound like a hint to get some new "she-ight"? Yep, it sounds like they are on their way out.