PDA

View Full Version : axle not tight

04-27-2002, 08:54 PM
I just finished putting on a new durablue axle, carrier, and antifade hub nut and took it for a test ride, First I noticed wobbleling, then the rubber seal on the axle that seals my carrier next to sprocket came out, slightly exposing the bearings, I hammered the axle in till it bottomed out & tighting my axle nut as tight as I could but the axle is still moves out of place a little.
Any ideas? Thanks.

phatswinn
04-28-2002, 05:51 PM
hmmm lets think, try the bearings

crookedeyemoto-x
04-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Its a durabreak axle, dont expect to much quality. Sorry for the tone, but I have had a terrible experience with durablue. Just my two pennies....

04-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I found out about durablues reputation after I bought the axle but I'm sure this problem is mechanical, the bearings came prepacked with the new carrier but that could be my culprit, the axle is just not getting all the way in the carrier.

Deathbringer
04-29-2002, 12:47 PM
If you just got the axle, return it and get an RPM..... a large friend of mine has it and hasn't had any probs with it.

04-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the info death but honestly with the type of riding I do I just want to make what I have work. I just took the whole thing apart tonight and this is what I'm talking about, here is what the axle is doing, notice the rubber seal on the axle, it wont stay butted up against the oil seal, it keeps moving out exposing the bearings. I am no mechanic by any means but I think what I'm doing wrong here is fairly simple, I just don't know.