PDA

View Full Version : Houser LT Swingarm Problems

RissExtremeATV
01-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Has anyone else had problems with mounting up skid plates? I have a brand new prm .250 rear skid that i am having to fab. because the skid will not just bolt up. is there any other company out there that makes a direct bolt up ? Also is there and XC racer that use the chain slider along with a skid plate if so what type of chain slide are u using to make it fit along with the use of a skid plate ?

joedirt
01-17-2005, 11:53 AM
The skid plate you have to cut the bucket out of it and then cut some more out of it. It will take a little time. and for the chain guide you have to put it on a bellt or disk sander and grind some of the bottom off. I used a stock CR chain guide and I have a PRM skid. It doesn't take long but it sucks that you have to modify new parts.

beak7707
01-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Roy, will the PRM skid I have fit on that setup. Shaff said we could switch the two if mine would work. I'm going to have to chop mine up for the GT link. His would fit mine, so if mine will fit his we can swap.

RissExtremeATV
01-17-2005, 12:45 PM
a new one with the linkage box wont work either. i will have to do what joedirt said. thanks joe.

Dave400ex
01-17-2005, 03:06 PM
I thought the Houser linkage was not suppose to hang lower then the stock linkage and skid plates bolt up fine? I would be calling Houser...

holeshot19
01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
will not hang lower than stock linkage but thay base it off useing a stock plastic skid prm add a ex brace to the center bolt holes so u have to cut the cent out and make a u shape cut to the rear but i dont make it where the link will be damaged