PDA

View Full Version : Quick jumping question.

Dumontexrider
01-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey, i havent really jumped lately since my last wreck which tweeked my axle, left hub, left rim, left a-arms and some other parts. ive had everything replaced but the rim. its slightly bent and you cant really tell unless you look at it. will it launch me crooked when i jump?

Syrus
01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I dont think it will launch your crooked, if u can still ride fine with it. But be careful when u land that the pressure doesnt fold in that rim and cause more damage to you or your quad !

Nausty
01-16-2005, 09:22 PM
test her out...... but be safe

start really small and work your way up bigger and bigger. Thats about the only way to tell for sure.

Only only 100% sure way is to wait tell u get fixed. :shrug:

Dumontexrider
01-16-2005, 09:34 PM
well i was at dumont this weekend jumping and im heading out to a friends track and i didnt know if it was safe or not because i had some close calls jumping at dumont because my axle is longer than the stock ones. and i was riding with friends and we made a track and we were jumping and a couple times it launched me really crooked because one tire would be in the rut and the other wouldnt.

Nausty
01-16-2005, 09:44 PM
yea a lot of times its just the face of the jump, suspension set up, and also the setting of toe in and toe out.

I had the same problem for a couple years with touchyness of steering and when I adjusted the toe out it made a huge differance.

One thing for sure when you finally get good at throwing around a touchy 400ex around in the air it makes you dangerous once you figure out what the damn problem is.