PDA

View Full Version : YZF450 -vs- DS650

Syrus
01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Alright, this guy is argueing with me that the DS560 will rape a YFZ in any race, stock for stock, and that its sooo much better.. but this guys knows nothing, Does anyone have any videos of DS's racing so i can show him how badly they get rapped by the new 450's. Yes the DS is the dune king, but anywhere else, the yfz will man handle the DS. Anyone got any pics or video so i can show this guy ??

btw, im not bashing the DS. Its a great quad.

dsracer666
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
I drag raced my fathers YFZ on tar and always beat him by at least a quad lenght till top speed were I pulled away slowly.

as for mx! 2003 I was stock! NEATV-MX open C champ!:D

added suspension for 04 and took the NEATV-MX open B championship!:blah:

Nausty
01-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Alright, this guy is argueing with me that the DS560 will rape a YFZ in any race, stock for stock, and that its sooo much better.. but this guys knows nothing, Does anyone have any videos of DS's racing so i can show him how badly they get rapped by the new 450's. Yes the DS is the dune king, but anywhere else, the yfz will man handle the DS. Anyone got any pics or video so i can show this guy ??

btw, im not bashing the DS. Its a great quad.

just pop in a heuvos and ask him why none of the pro riders ride them if they are so good.

Don't get me wrong they are great for their niche (dunes) but when it comes to mx they are tanks.:o

Bush0102
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
thats kinda funny that you brought that up.... on another website i was on some guy with a DS was telling everyone how bad *** his quad was and was calling some dude's lonestar 250R an old piece of junk...

he just couldnt understand that even though the YFZ had 200cc less than his bombardier, it is faster and an all around better quad.

some people just dont understand...

dsracer666
01-16-2005, 09:32 PM
the last two years I've raced there has been over 70 entries each year. I would say 45% were yamaha 40% were honda 15% other.

if there so fast and the ds is just a big piece of crap tank, why did I win back to back championships?

yamaha and honda are great quads but don't count out the little brands like ATK, GAS GAS, and the DS!

when was the last time yamaha won a baja? the 450r and ds650 have domanated it the last few years!

as for pros they ride whats given to them!

440exnacsracer
01-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by dsracer666
the last two years I've raced there has been over 70 entries each year. I would say 45% were yamaha 40% were honda 15% other.

if there so fast and the ds is just a big piece of crap tank, why did I win back to back championships?

yamaha and honda are great quads but don't count out the little brands like ATK, GAS GAS, and the DS!

when was the last time yamaha won a baja? the 450r and ds650 have domanated it the last few years!

you are racing the open championship though, most of the heavily modified mx 450's, i would assume, would stay in the 450cc class. i would like to see even doug gust get out there on even a heavily modified ds and beat guys like kory ellis, or even the fading tim farr, i would bet all my quads against gust. the ds is a great quad, but c'mon man, theyre simply way too big and heavy to be able to handle on a mx track well

BassGin3
01-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Not to bash on the DS's, but if ya do the math, the regular DS weights 35% more than the 450's coming out now, and the X wieghts over 40% more than the 450's. Anyone racing knows that weight is a huge enemy. This much extra weight just puts it at a handicap for MX racing. The extra bulk doesn't put as much of a penalty on it when it's running wide open alot of the time such as in Baja. Hell, the extra size seems to help it out, keeping it more stable.

MY450R
01-17-2005, 06:34 AM
are we talking drag racing ? if we are maybe tha ds stands a chance but other than that HONDA RULES!!
no but really yes maybe in a baja race where to pretty much go straight

440exnacsracer
01-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
are we talking drag racing ? if we are maybe tha ds stands a chance but other than that HONDA RULES!!
no but really yes maybe in a baja race where to pretty much go straight

ive drag raced several on my predator, even when it was stock and could easily beat them. yfz's on the other hand would beat me more times than not stock for stock. granted rider skill has a large part in this, but they really arent even that fast:ermm:

Dale512
01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I found when I had my stock DS it was about even with a stock Predator until very topspeed where I would pull a bike length or so, once I put some money into it wasnt even fair against anything around here in a drag race except the Banshees and Quadzillas. I garuntee stock for stock it had a higher topspeed than my YFZ does, the YFZ would just plain blitz by it through the gears tho.

SRH
01-18-2005, 09:27 PM
ds should be around the same as the predator and yfz in a DRAG

the power of a ds for the mx track isnt anywhere near as useful as the power of a yfz plus the yfz is way more nimble, better suspension etc...no doubt either 450 is a better choice than a ds for the track...whats the majority of the open class? ds 650, predators, stock 450s and some other misc quads? not doubting your ability but im sure if you made the transition to a 450 youd be even faster....my only expireinces on thet rack with them is if you bump them...they dont move:p

SRH
01-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by dsracer666

given?...ahhh come on

Punk'd
01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Acually I used to have a video of a Ds650 beating the YFZ but i deleted it 2-3 weeks ago:confused:

tdsongster
10-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Different Quads shine in different types of competition. Here is a link to a turbo charged DS650 and it is killing everything by numerous quad lengths.

http://web.pdx.edu/~war/Untitled.wmv

As far as MX, GNCC, it is way to heavy to control...

Just my humble opinion

www.DrasticSports.com
Proud Sponsor of ATVRiders.com

10-21-2005, 11:03 PM
they're not even a comparible pair, they have totally different purposes!!

cool 300ex
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Dang that turbo ds 650 is fast but that only because of that turbo. What did them banshee's have done to them? Anyone know the speed on that ds650?

Anyways on a mx track the yfz would own a ds in a drag race close to stock it would be close i think the yfz would still pull it. But the yfz is just an all around better quad. The ds is starting to get outdated in some things. I saw a video somewhere of a ds650 beating a 450R. I will have to try to find it.

FasstMidnightZ
10-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Can a yfz take this :devil:

450r51
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
bomb squad u r retarded no a yfz cant take that. and plus they were talking bout stock!!!

FasstMidnightZ
10-22-2005, 08:17 AM
omg really ! :rolleyes:

Nick110
11-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
bomb squad u r retarded no a yfz cant take that. and plus they were talking bout stock!!!

I think u r mentally retarded

400exrules
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
Can a yfz take this :devil:

no but this can

400exrules
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
but if your talkin drags, stock for stock, i would say the yfz just because their so light and they jump off the line pretty quick.

no offense but DS are primarily good for dunes, and not much else.....its like riding a house, the things are huge. i would also put my money on a piped yfz, over a piped DS.
Only thing i dont like about yfz's is how hard the seats are. Do they sell softer aftermarket seats for them?

jon67
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
yea i have to agree with nick u must be absolutely retarded

Tom TRX250R
11-01-2005, 11:13 PM
DAMN!!! 400exrules,

That drag quad is kick ***, it has the old Kawasaki 750 H2 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine in it. They used to call them the widow maker, I saw one of those at the drag strips tearing banshees new as$es!!!

Back to the point, every quad has its purpose. The DS is good for open dunes where you don't have to throw that heavy hog around as much where the YFZ is light and nimble, great for MX.
I would bet it would be a pretty close race (both just with pipes), would come down to who is the better rider, for simply drag racing them.

Mxjunkie
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
ds650 vs a Yamaha, uh tied I guess since they crashed into each other rofl

http://www.atvheat.com/DScrash1.jpg

L & L Racing
11-02-2005, 07:04 AM
I wasted a ds 650 on my yfz up sand mountain! it even had nos

red400exrider
11-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Ive ridden both stock back to back and i would say that the yfz is quicker but the ds tops out at a higher speed, but on a mx track there is no competion the ds is way to high and wants to roll, but in the desert the ds is way smoother and alot more comfortable than the yfz

11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by L & L Racing
I wasted a ds 650 on my yfz up sand mountain! it even had nos either they didnt have it set up right or they were mentally retarded and they couldn't ride